Post your rare guitars/amps!

peavey_impact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought a half-stack yrs ago, traded the head later, but kept the 4x12.

It was from 1970, the cab is a Traynor YGC-412. Had 2 Eminence (which I still have) & 2 Celestion Greenbacks.

Usually it paired with the YGL-3A head:

m3a_300x163.jpg

or the YBA1:

m2a.jpg

However it was neither of these heads, but matched the cab perfectly. It was a 100w with 4 EL34's (if I remember) didnt have tremolo or reverb, had a master & got a real good Plex-ish sound... and was REAL {censored}ing LOUD!

Funny thing is I see no description on the Traynor website that matches the head I might have had, except possibly the MkIV wich is rare.

80% of the time the thing used to shock the {censored} out of you when youd touch the mic, or someone else.

I wish Id payed more attention to WTF it was, but back then I just wanted something more hot-rodded!! :facepalm:

• Members
I sold this last year but it was my Matamp Roadster 120. It was one of, I think, only 21 ever made.

93535506.jpg

And for not-rare, but definitely uncommon, my current rig:

108498000.jpg
The amp is an Electric Amp (duh) #032 ever made. They're currently up to #091 the last I talked to the company owner... so not many out there.

JoshuaTSP needs to reply to this. He has an amp that is the only ONE exactly like it ever made by Matamp.

MAN I ALWAYS LOVE SEEING YOUR AMP!!!

Here's my one of a kind.....Well, 1 of 2, but the only one with it's cosmetics.
Right now, I'm working on getting the matching cab. :love:
red-2chanfront.jpg
The website describing it

• Members

Some killer guitars here, wow.

I don't have any customs, but some of my gear is rare.

First is my Mesa Mark III Colosseum, apparently only 80 or so were made. This thing is a beast.

mk3aweb.jpg

mk3bweb.jpg

gut2.jpg

Here's my Koa BFR, as far as I know they haven't made 20 of them yet.

koa6.jpg

I also have an Adamas from 1982, they are quite rare.

• Members
its all one page for me thanks:wave:

ANd I saw yours... but theres got to be moar right?

~Matt

Ehhh, my dad has a phony "t bird" lookin guitar from the 60s. Its all jacked up, not worth posting up but Im sure it could be worth somthing if I fixed it up.

Other then that, I had a marshall mg a while back. Those are rare cuz no one wants them :lol:

Edit: I duno wtf I'm talkin about with the "t bird" thing. Its a harmony guitar. It looks like it sucks ass actually

• Members
Ehhh, my dad has a phony "t bird" lookin guitar from the 60s. Its all jacked up, not worth posting up but Im sure it could be worth somthing if I fixed it up.

Other then that, I had a marshall mg a while back. Those are rare cuz no one wants them
:lol:

Edit: I duno wtf I'm talkin about with the "t bird" thing. Its a harmony guitar. It looks like it sucks ass actually

I think my dad may have one of those or something close to. Dont bash it tho - old doesnt equal sucks :wave:

~Matt

• Members
I think my dad may have one of those or something close to. Dont bash it tho - old doesnt equal sucks
:wave:

~Matt

Well just the fact that it is unplayable makes me want to bash it but ya, it is from the 60s so it is pretty {censored}in old. I'm sure it has some value

Archived