Post your rare guitars/amps!

peavey_impact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:confused:
:confused: Never heard of this... tell me more? Tube or SS? Channels? Sort of sound it gets?

Made in Japan, in 1973. The company has switched ownership numerous times, now owned by the Chinese. I'm not 100% sure what they manufacture now, but in the 70s they were in Japan, cranking out some really nice high-end electronics. At one time I had a reel-to-reel tape recorder made by them with what I was told was the first wireless mic. I think that one was made in around 1974-75.

In "today's dollars" my amp cost about $2300 through a military PX, so I can imagine it cost considerably more on the European and Asian markets where they were sold, to compete with Marshall. The only other one I have ever seen was what was left of the bass model at a local electronics repair shop.

All tube - four 6CA7, four 12AX7 and one 12AT7. Two channel, one side Rock, other side Jazz, each with low and high inputs. Rock side has spring reverb and tremolo, both operated by a foot switch. Trem has speed and intensity knobs, reverb has an intensity knob. It's 4/8 ohm switchable, with additional speaker jack. Jazz side has effects on/off toggle with intensity control. There are two "Pre Out" jacks on the Rock side, but I do not know what they are for and so far no one else has been able to tell me. Instructions came in Japanese and at the time I didn't know anyone who spoke Japanese and it was long before the internet, so I just threw the sheet away. It was more like a features sheet that comes with some electronics, but it probably explained those damn preouts.

Sound-wise, it's pretty clean. One of the springs on the reverb broke last year. I rewired it and it sounds even stronger than ever. The dirtiest I can get on it is using the Rock high input, with a piggyback jack between the Rock low and Jazz high. That way I can use the reverb on the Rock side and the effect on the Jazz side together for a little overdrive. It's one of those amps where, if you have a guitar with pickups and you need to know how it sounds through a really clean amp, this is the one. I have an in-hole pickup that I bought in Taiwan to use in my acoustic. The closest to a dirty sound I've ever made through this amp without using stomp boxes is through the acoustic, using the effect on the Jazz side turned all the way up and the volume maxxed.

Oops. Missed something... the cab has four 12" speakers. It's been a long time since I looked in the back of the cab and I forget what name speakers are in there, but I reckon something Japanese. The tubes are all Matsu{censored}a, which later became part of Panasonic Electronics.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Hey Guys.. Im new to this forum... Here is some of my rare guitars on my collection...

BC Rich 1977 Short Horn...

pictures1155.jpg

2010 ESP White Ouija...

DSC02050.jpg

1995 Washburn Dime Slime...

DSC01890.jpg

1984 Jackson RR....

DSC01890.jpg

2004 Washburn D3 Custom...

DSC01899.jpg

2010 Washburn Southern Cross...

DSC01908.jpg

200? Ken Lawrnnce...

DSC02540.jpg

• Members
I started a thread like this a few months ago in Electric Guitars and some amazing guitars showed up out of the woodwork.

Obscure guitars and amps FTMFW!

So, post your rare guitars/amps, whether they be vintage, limited edition, or one off customs
:thu:

And it goes without saying - pics or its a Behringer iAxe/Gorilla combo
:cop:

I'll start:

1991 custom shop Starfield (Ibanez) American Cabriolet - hand built by Mace Bailey (same guy who built Steve Vai's original JEM and triple neck heart guitars):

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Starfield guitars are hard to find, period. A custom shop model is almost unheard of. I also have a very unusual Ovation guitar that I'll post further along in the thread.

And I have played that EXACT guitar. :thu:

Archived