I don't know what it is...

duncan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

And there is always this one too: If I see a guy roll up with a bunch of vintage gear, my first reaction is he probably knows what he's doing.

bull{censored}, my entire rig is vintage and ill be {censored}ing damned if i know what im doing.

• Members

View Post

It's funny Strats have fallen so out of favor. I blame it on the fact most people's first guitar is some cheap Squier. They're the workhorse of guitars.

I think the ironic thing is that by in large, the cheap Squier's can be set up to be fantastic guitars. Get a good neck and you are golden. I agree they cover tons of ground.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

...but whenever I see pictures of a (relatively unknown) band I've not heard yet (like a local band from another city) and I see them playing strats, I assume they're awful. Like high school talent show through a gorilla awful.

Yet, if I see them playing telecasters, I assume they have their {censored} together.

i don't know what it is...

but whenever i see a thread posted by you, i just want to punch you in the throat.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

My Sunn gets me a lot of hipster cred around here. icon_lol.gif

I've gotten this borrowing a friend's Sunn. I love the amp, but hate the poseur backwash.

I'm pretty partial to seeing punk bands plug in strats, though. I think the tones can be less distortion saturated and have a little more cut which is ideal for what many of these bands are going for.

• Members

I would probably get the same looks from duncan when I showed up to play with my early 90s Yamaha Pacifica guitars... biggrin.gif

That being said, I totally get what you are saying. If I see someone pull out a Squier or low end Jackson and BC rich, I wonder what I will be hearing next. However, when I see someone pull out a less than stellar guitar and then a nice amp, it changes my opinion of what the outcome is going to be...

Weird, how preconceived notions can make one judgmental....

Cole

• Members

View Post

And there is always this one too: If I see a guy roll up with a bunch of vintage gear, my first reaction is he probably knows what he's doing.

I have proven that wrong on so many Gotdamn occasions. cop.gif

Anyway I rarely roll up with a strat even though I've played them since I started. I really look at the entire rig overall. If I see a boss loaded pedal board, and a basic amp with strat or Epi guitars I will cringe.

• Members

Whenever I'd roll my Ampeg halfstack onstage, the soundguys always go "You're the guitarist? Why are you using a bass rig too?" freak.giffacepalm.giffreak.gif

And I had my Fender John5 Tele, Epi G400 and Washburn N1 always on me.

I'm just fortunate that I know what I'm doing, and you gotta love most reactions of "That's an interesting choice of rig you have, but you sound really good!". icon_lol.gif

If I can only play as well as most of you guise here...

• Members

See when I play shows I lure everyone into thinking my sound will be epic sounding...

...Then I just disappoints thems. redface.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Things

View Post

Yeah, Myspace {censored}s up everybody's computers these days. Try bandcamp.

I've enjoyed the experience on "The New Myspace". I haven't had any issues at all honestly with it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
...but whenever I see pictures of a (relatively unknown) band I've not heard yet (like a local band from another city) and I see them playing strats, I assume they're awful. Like high school talent show through a gorilla awful.

Yet, if I see them playing telecasters, I assume they have their {censored} together.

im like that but with combo amps. even if it is high end stuff

Archived