Best guitar ever yet built !

Crunchtime

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3rd one down is amp select. The key to quality was to minimize the wood cut and I hereby challenge anyone else to do better! The new champ will make it great! The ML is only 1" bigger cut than the original piezo-preamp hole. Oh and the wires are too short oh and don't kill xxx I'm really interested in how long it will take for someone else to really do this better!
:cool::wave::cool::love::cool:

What do we doo here to help get someone making these for real?

By the way, I'm starting to really like having more than 1 Power Guitar on hand! I've got the prototype tuned to an e and the blond normal. Never did much with alternate tuning before. Enabled the "Spanking My Power Guitar" video previously quoted.

Thanks again for the interest and here's a pic with all 3. The first one is almost completely open on the top-side and comes out of tune whenever I cut loose it's glue for battery changes. Still need to do more work on that one and may go for a full tail removal!:
:idea::facepalm::love::wave:

IMG_0531.jpg

Elliott Dean

I will say the black one with the sharpies does seem to be the better of the three.. Although it may also be because you can't see the glue job as well on a black guitar..

• Members

He does have (in sharpie) the T, E & D/R knobs very clearly marked so you'd know if you wanted either more D or R. I'm a T guy myself.

Wondering how many watts 6 AA's would kick out?

The amp inside is the Roland Micro Cube which my reading indicates is 2.5W. I'm wondering what the inside of the Rx model looks like since I've not yet converted my Carlos 24QK to a Power Guitar.

• Members

its like a fernandes nomad
6in-FernandesNomad-BodyFront.jpg

but the nomads are solid body to reduce feedback.

the_bleeding, that is the best I've yet seen but he says it's discontinued!!! He said 10 or 20 minutes batteries. My Power Guitar does over 2 weeks.

Does look like a nice little amp it it. bummer it's discontinued..:cry:

My design impression on the power/feedback side is that it's more a matter of the speaker's capability and location. My first act has the speaker under the strings but not enough total power to make them vibrate via the air pressure and the electric coupling IS out of range. Thus the question really comes to how good is the amp in that thing and how much does the total package weigh. And note it does have a size/shape advantage over a V (IMHO) if it's not a toy.

Thanks for researching :poke:;)

[YOUTUBE]hwDeLTYse9c[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

the_bleeding, that is the best I've yet seen! Is it real????? Or just a toy? $? Can you find a specs on it's Power and Speaker? We're already epic and there's not another close to the Power Guitar yet identified. Thanks.

yeah dude, they been around for years

• Members

the_bleeding, that is the best I've yet seen! Is it real????? Or just a toy? $? Can you find a specs on it's Power and Speaker? We're already epic and there's not another close to the Power Guitar yet identified. Thanks.

My design impression on the power/feedback side is that it's more a matter of the speaker's capability and location. My first act has the speaker under the strings but not enough total power to make them vibrate via the air pressure and the electric coupling IS out of range. Thus the question really comes to how good is the amp in that thing and how much does the total package weigh. And note it does have a size/shape advantage over a V (IMHO) if it's not a toy.

Thanks for researching :poke:
;)

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/nomad/124-nomad-standard.html

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fernandes-Nomad-Electric-Guitar?sku=241928

everything you need. The nomad goes for $299 btw.

• Members

That is good to know about. Those are sweet little guitars!
:thu:
do you know what one weighs? The
page I found
doesn't list weight.

I do still like my power guitar.

By the way, if I had known of them I probably wouldn't have started my project and would have happily bought one. As it is I do like the guitars I've built better from what I can see in that video of the Nomad (other than his guitar-skills kicking my...).

• Members

By the way, if I had known of them I probably wouldn't have started my project and would have happily bought one. As it is I do like the guitars I've built better from what I can see in that video of the Nomad (other than his guitar-skills kicking my...).

He said 10 minutes from battery. That's not something i can take on a camping trip. I want a Power Guitar. At least it's batteries will last allot of hours (what is it with the Roland MC? my guess would be 30 hours playing time).

Archived