Best guitar ever yet built !

Crunchtime

• Members

musicians friend says 6.5 pounds.

Sweet for warmups. I guess you could plug it in if you were alone stuck in a hotel for a business trip. I like it's sound but would miss the live string availabiltiy... surprised they'd go that direction since it surly has a volume knob. Guess they just wanted it louder. I decided AFTER building my first Power Guitar to keep the speaker there for that effect on the second and third ones. On the 3rd one (ML) there was space possible outside but... I like the options.

I didn't know how to control it either but already established enough acoustic boost even with speaker under strings in the first prototpypes. I wasn't trying to max out the first time cuz I didn't want to cut it to nothing. But surprisingly that did something special to it (a little clean inside acoustic sooo pretty)! The Nomad says 5W from a 9v battery??? no wonder they last 10 minutes. Nice punch though. add another pound for more batteries and if you like that body...

What to do next... perhaps I will add a podium mic to my Power Guitars. Sing with me... I wanna run and play with my power guitar go sooooo far!

Or perhapse just sit home and make it up![YOUTUBE]PXGa5pqWiC4[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy Christ. What a hack job. Man, I hope you are happy with your creation. You truly seem to be, and that's great. But
:facepalm:
NOBODY that knows
anything
about gear will take that seriously. Sorry. Just being honest.

I take it seriously. My Power Guitars are the 1st i like better than my Carlos 24QK (80s) out of everything i ever tried. Willie has an old friend like that...:bor:

• Members

what's strange, is I kind of feel as though a few of you are actually siding with this guy.

Like I've stated in the past, "innovation" and "new" does not usually sit well with guitar players (look at Gibson). So, I understand and can respect taking pride in making something *somewhat* new (i.e. amp type). BUT - $2000+? For "hot melt glue?" Come on man, they look like garbage, and they're cheap, and when people see they can buy a Dean acoustic electric and a Roland cube for about $1500 less, you can't logically expect someone to buy one in the condition you have them in.

So, my advice to you, take it or leave it - you don't see me showing off innovative new ideas that I've crafted, - start fresh. Get rid of these "hot melt glue" guitars, these are yours to keep. Get some easy playing guitars, maybe give this a shot on an electric, and take the back off. Drill holes for the potentiomers, so you have a nice clean look, do something so these things don't look like a pile of garbage that some 16 year old kid put together with his dads tools in his basement at 2:00 am. If you can do this, and then price it reasonably, I think you could make money off it. I think it's lame as {censored}, but I'm one player out of 1,000,000, plus I'm kind of a picky snob about my gear.

• Members

what's strange, is I
kind of
feel as though
a few of you
are actually siding with this guy.

Like I've stated in the past, "innovation" and "new" does not usually sit well with guitar players (look at Gibson). So, I understand and can respect taking pride in making something *somewhat* new (i.e. amp
type
). BUT - $2000+? For "hot melt glue?" Come on man, they look like garbage, and they're cheap, and when people see they can buy a Dean acoustic electric and a Roland cube for about $1500 less, you can't logically expect someone to buy one in the condition you have them in.

So, my advice to you, take it or leave it - you don't see me showing off innovative new ideas that I've crafted, - start fresh. Get rid of these "hot melt glue" guitars, these are yours to keep. Get some easy playing guitars, maybe give this a shot on an electric, and take the back off. Drill holes for the potentiomers, so you have a nice clean look, do something so these things don't look like a pile of garbage that some 16 year old kid put together with his dads tools in his basement at 2:00 am. If you can do this, and then price it reasonably, I think you could make money off it. I think it's lame as {censored}, but I'm one player out of 1,000,000, plus I'm kind of a picky snob about my gear.

You are right, they are shoddily made piles of excrement, that are shameful to real guitar players everywhere.

• Members

what's strange, is I
kind of
feel as though
a few of you
are actually siding with this guy.

Like I've stated in the past, "innovation" and "new" does not usually sit well with guitar players (look at Gibson). So, I understand and can respect taking pride in making something *somewhat* new (i.e. amp
type
). BUT - $2000+? For "hot melt glue?" Come on man, they look like garbage, and they're cheap, and when people see they can buy a Dean acoustic electric and a Roland cube for about $1500 less, you can't logically expect someone to buy one in the condition you have them in.

Hi Greg, thanks. I love my dayjob. I got pulled here after having fun with a hobbie project and had to figure out allot of things including my price to part with these best of a lifetime possessions once they got turned on and worked so well. So consider me sharing opportunities more than pushing crappy products. Those are priced to make me part with them (like if a big company wanted them for research). I like your ideas of kids putting things together with their Dads too so I'm thinking I may setup a build story on my private science web site (not sure if rules ok to link it).

And meanwhile I'm starting to feel more and more glad about NOT selling them because I get to Run and Play my Power Guitars! :love::love::love:

• Members

Dude, I'm sorry for being rude but your "power guitars" are {censored}. They are {censored} guitars, build with {censored} parts stuffed with a {censored} amp and the craftsmanship is even {censored}tier. Sloppy and poorly constructed...kinda like a post-op tranny vagina, except most people here would rather play with a tranny than your guitars.

• Members

It was one of these

http://www.andysmusiconline.com/products/ibanez-grgm51hp-mikro-sonik.html

Hi ShaneAVan, I like that those are out there and wish they made better ones (full length necks). Being Ibinez I'll bet the guitar is at least playable when compared to the First Act. The best product I've heard yet I learned here for my own interests has been the Fernandes nomad. But overall, I'll stand by my statements in spite of my simple parts and hot melt glue. How are the amps in the Ibinez's? :facepalm:

[YOUTUBE]mP_wUfvKL3M[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Dude, I'm sorry for being rude but your "power guitars" are {censored}. They are {censored} guitars, build with {censored} parts stuffed with a {censored} amp and the craftsmanship is even {censored}tier. Sloppy and poorly constructed...kinda like a post-op tranny except most people here would rather play with a tranny than your guitars.

Hi eagertokill. Don't kill me... I respect your idea of the ideal guitar is different than mine. My ideal specifically is 2 W, >4.5"speaker, live strings, built in mic and transmitters (haven't built the mic or transmitters yet). I've been on acoustic more than 80% time on strings for over 20 years for the mobility and strung them with EXL110s. :p

And I will be continuing to improve on the ones I've built... there's no going back for me. This is what I've wanted for most of 20 years since I originally heard the amp-in-guitar concept. Learned here of an Italian company that also made amp-in-guitars too (with 10 ohm speakers).

• Members

After coming back and checking this again... WOW! Just wow. Me thinks this guy is a troll pretending to be the maker. If you ARE indeed the guy, make a video saying something about HCAF to prove it.

I had to think what that was, HCAF. Just joined today. Couple days ago did that for someone on The Gear Page. Here's that one.

[YOUTUBE]_BKSoXbZOto[/YOUTUBE]

0:15 through 030 to hear a cord then power on!

• Members

Actually I didn't make that video to prove I'm me. I made it after 15 pages undigging the dung of the unattended blog-world. It sure is nice to receive some of the encouragement after the performance began. Boy did I ever have stage-fright kick in when the hits started going up on youtube and saw all the junk on TGP at the beginning of that thread. So from a possible ebay fraud investigation it turned into a pretty good representation of my build story. There sill are a few pictures on TGP's thread than I've not put here or on the eBay listings. lol maybe I should make one of those picture-show videos.:facepalm:

Archived