The all newest PWNED/FAIL/FUNNY pictures thread

Cokeman

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CSB Content

I'm a teenager in the local "Pro" music store, taking lessons. After, I browse. I see this low level Ibenhad strat copy, hangin' with the Gibbys. What a pig! Strings are old, dirty, and looped above the tuners. Grungy neck and body. Shoddy! I flag down an employee I get on with. "Hey, what gives? Don't you guys set up your used guitars?"

He looks long and hard. "What is this doing here?" Thinks harder. "I know what this is!"

Long story less long - Kid wants a Les Paul Custom, can't afford it. Walks in with his Ibby, in the case, switches for the LP, leaves the store.

He bought the Ibby there. There was a {censored}ing picture of him, on the wall, with the damn thing in the "Happy Customers" mosaic.facepalm.gif I recognized him from school.

Store got it squared away after what I was led to understand was an enthusiastically sadistic phonecall. Fear did the trick.icon_lol.gif

Every time I saw him afterwards, I had to chuckle. What a dweeb.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hardness

View Post

CSB Content

I'm a teenager in the local "Pro" music store, taking lessons. After, I browse. I see this low level Ibenhad strat copy, hangin' with the Gibbys. What a pig! Strings are old, dirty, and looped above the tuners. Grungy neck and body. Shoddy! I flag down an employee I get on with. "Hey, what gives? Don't you guys set up your used guitars?"

He looks long and hard. "What is this doing here?" Thinks harder. "I know what this is!"

Long story less long - Kid wants a Les Paul Custom, can't afford it. Walks in with his Ibby, in the case, switches for the LP, leaves the store.

He bought the Ibby there. There was a {censored}ing picture of him, on the wall, with the damn thing in the "Happy Customers" mosaic.facepalm.gif I recognized him from school.

Store got it squared away after what I was led to understand was an enthusiastically sadistic phonecall. Fear did the trick.icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hardness

View Post

CSB Content

that's a lot like how nikki sixx ended up with his first instrument.

story goes something like this:

wants to start a band, finds most of the guys in motley crue, says he wants to play bass, has no bass, takes empty guitar case to guitar store, asks the clerk something that requires him to go to the back of the store, while he is back there nikki loads up empty guitar case and makes out of there. gets back to motley crue dudes like " hey i've got a bass now", opens up the case, and it's like a gibson les paul custom or something of equal value and not bassness.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wrongnote85

View Post

that's a lot like how nikki sixx ended up with his first instrument.

story goes something like this:

wants to start a band, finds most of the guys in motley crue, says he wants to play bass, has no bass, takes empty guitar case to guitar store, asks the clerk something that requires him to go to the back of the store, while he is back there nikki loads up empty guitar case and makes out of there. gets back to motley crue dudes like " hey i've got a bass now", opens up the case, and it's like a gibson les paul custom or something of equal value and not bassness.

Hah beat me too it. I'm pretty sure it was an employment application that he asked for. OBviously this was before the days of checking cases when you come in. icon_lol.gif

Archived