Bad week for kwakatak

kwakatak

• Members

No amount of playing on my deck is going to help me this week, especially since we're getting T-storms every evening. Here's why:

1: My mom (who can push my buttons and dance on my last nerve as if it were a sport) is in town.

2: My wife is on edge because my mom's in town and I feel like a tin duck in a shooting gallery.

3: Try as hard as I might, I cannot find my wedding ring and fear that it is lost. I've gone so far as to stay up half the night and dig through our trash (waerng gloves of course)! I've already retraced my steps since I last remember wearing it with no success. The next step is to tear the entire house apart.

I've only been able to play my guitar for about a half hour in the last 3 days and then that was on my Tak which is still not fixed but at least has strings again.

On the bright side my 2 year-old son seems to be adjusting well to using the "potty". Pardon the pun, but that's worth "gushing" over, isn't it?

• Members

OK, here ya go, Kwak. I usually charge for this kinda advice.
tell your wife you got good news and bad news.
Good news is: two-yr old son successfully went potty. hip hip hurray!

Bad news-
Two-yr old son "swallowed" your wedding ring & knows how to flush toilet.
DOH!

hey- you owe me now, Kwak!

(and- if its a plain gold band, you lost I can send you one. )

• Members
Originally posted by tiger roach

Well about #3, just go score a new ring and "relic" it a little bit. She'll never be the wiser.
;)

Unless, of course, she's already picked it up and is waiting for you to fess up...

Oh the wile of the feminine of the species...

• Members

Hey, my Mom put her house up for sale two days ago. She started dating a guy from church a little over a year ago. He moved out of state last month. She told me she plans to marry him in October. I'm still in shock. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

No amount of playing on my deck is going to help me this week, especially since we're getting T-storms every evening. Here's why:

1: My mom (who can push my buttons and dance on my last nerve as if it were a sport) is in town.

Cherish this time, Kwak...my mom passed several years ago, and I kinda miss the way she'd get on my last nerve!

2: My wife is on edge because my mom's in town and I feel like a tin duck in a shooting gallery.

Treat her extra special while your Mom is in town....flowers/goodies/romance.

Trust me, there's no downside!
;)

3: Try as hard as I might, I cannot find my wedding ring and fear that it is lost. I've gone so far as to stay up half the night and dig through our trash (waerng gloves of course)! I've already retraced my steps since I last remember wearing it with no success. The next step is to tear the entire house apart.

Ask her if she's seen it...there'll be a MUCH smaller "scene" than if you try to jive her about it!

I've only been able to play my guitar for about a half hour in the last 3 days and then that was on my Tak which is still not fixed but at least has strings again.

Pull out the good one and sing the wife love songs...again, no downside!

On the bright side my 2 year-old son seems to be adjusting well to using the "potty". Pardon the pun, but that's worth "gushing" over, isn't it?

Damn straight! Ever figure out how much those diapers cost EVERY week! That'll be that much more money not getting "wasted"...sorry, couldn't resist!
:p

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

I lost my wedding ring...................twice. I don't wear one now. Every now and then I attribute ( correctly or not) some attention from divorcees to the fact that I don't have a ring. But aside from that, it's like no big deal.

• Members

Originally posted by Old_Joe_Clark

I lost my wedding ring...................twice. I don't wear one now. Every now and then I attribute ( correctly or not) some attention from divorcees to the fact that I don't have a ring. But aside from that, it's like no big deal.

Me too. Lost two wedding rings - don't wear one now.

• Members

Hey Kwak,
Things can only get better, play that Larry, I could give you Alvarez's e-mail and maybe they would fix it for you and send it to you by mistake and it might have a wedding ring in it
Jim

• Members

Things are looking up Neil, I'm told you will be at a great show this saturday night.

BTW, do you play mediums 13's ? I have a couple extra sets That I will never play on my Martins. I'd be glad tp pass them forward.

Robb

• Members
Originally posted by ke3ee

Things are looking up Neil, I'm told you will be at a great show this saturday night.

BTW, do you play mediums 13's ? I have a couple extra sets That I will never play on my Martins. I'd be glad tp pass them forward.

Robb

Hey, Robb! I never thought I'd see you over here at HC! :)

Yep - gonna see Bill Deasy play at Club Caf

• Members

OK, I checked in the "G" ;) and she said that's when the doors open so I'm gonna try and shoot for 5:30, which means that I'll need to hit the road from my house at about 5.

I hope we get a seat at an honest-to-God table. I hate having to stand in that place! :mad:

Archived