more life stuff

kwakatak

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

)

I'm not too concerned about losing the office/music room, really. I've always hated the acoustics of the room anyway. I'd much rather play downstairs in the kitchen, just as long as my son learns to stop knocking my guitars over on purpose.

:eek::mad::cry:

BTW, he doesn't really enjoy my guitar playing anymore. He'd rather wrestle with me or the cat, throw things or try and figure out how to dismantle/destroy things. I think the kid's gonna be a Navy Seal!

They do like to knock things over, don't they? It's actually good. Teaches them "cause and effect". (Fudd's first principal: "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over". From "I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus" by The Firesign Theater).

Why don't you make some life size cardboard cutouts of your guits and let him have a ball with those? ;)

Wrestling with your kid is one of the truly great things in life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm checking in late here. Congrats! We "professional" dads have to stick together.

I have a two year old boy and an 8 month old daughter. It can get busy at times, but still better than working for the man (definitely more rewarding) ....plus working gets in the way of your guitar playing

:D

• Members
Originally posted by guitapick

They do like to knock things over, don't they? It's actually good. Teaches them "cause and effect". (Fudd's first principal: "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over". From "I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus" by The Firesign Theater).

Why don't you make some life size cardboard cutouts of your guits and let him have a ball with those?
;)

Wrestling with your kid is one of the truly great things in life.

Great post. The wrestling bit is so true.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have 2 boys. It means that they will reuqire the same guitars or arguments will ensue.

Congratulations. Names?

My personal favorite was Starbuck Aloisios but had to keep with the tradition of naming after the grandfather or be disinherited.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist21

Congrats, kwak!

Once, when little Ellen first had GAS, I named a gerbil Gibson because I was so obsessed with Les Pauls. True story.

Ellen

Gibson would be a great name but Larry would be a little closer to the mark here.

Edit: Make that Lawrence Vincent Kwak.

• Members

Originally posted by WaveRay

Congratulations, guys....but you do, of course, know that guitars are cheaper than kids.

Very true. I am constantly buying clothes and shoes. Then there is the doctor visit co-pays and perscription co-pays. Let's not forget about recreational expenses (soccer, dance, skating, basketball, band, Girl Scouts, etc, etc).

The kicker? I still have to worry about college tuition

I don't care how much they cost me. I love my kids more than anything in the world. I'm thankful that we have them.

Congrats Neil! I am told that boys are easier than girls when they become teenagers. You only have to worry about one teenage boy when your son becomes a teenager. You have to worry about every teenage boy when your daughter becomes a teenager. My daughter is going to be 11 in a few months. I'm not looking forward to her teen years.....

• Members

Wow - been away from the forum for a couple of months.

Congratulations to you, Kwak (and Whalebot, too, if I'm not mistaken ...).

I have 2 sons myself (11 and 15 by now, mind you ... :cool: ) .. Couldn't imagine life without them.

Enjoy and cheers !

• Members

Originally posted by kwakatak

I dunno, man. I could name him after my dad who had the perfect guitar player's name: Chet.

I'm a noob on this forum and late to this thread, but wanted to offer my congrats and wishes for a smooth pregnancy and delivery.

You are creating new curves in timespace. Radical!

I'm done though. I have a 16 year old stepson and two daughters of my own who just turned 7 and 8.

We love our kids to death but after our last was born, my wife and I BOTH got fixed. Quite enough, thank you!

(And we have ZERO extra room at the moment...)

Say, may I ask: we are looking to relocate as soon as I get my master's degree (about 6 weeks!) and I am curious about the Pittsburgh area. Know anything about Latrobe or Lingonier or Greensburg?

Any areas to recommend? I mean, I don't know if I can find a job in PA but that state is appealing to us (almost anyplace being better than where we are...)

• Members

Hey Congrats to both of ya's.

"Granpa" myself now. :cool:

Baby makin' days were good days -

watching them grow, trying to give something for keeps was a challenge

sitting back and watching what you did repeated with your grandchildren is past priceless.

I raised mine without the lady of the house - so count all your blessings - and I'll join the rest who offer prayers of thanksgiving for ya's.

oh, be real glad if you still have guitars and time to pick them up.

I just started playing again after a long long break.

:D :D

• Members
Originally posted by JasmineTea

Ok, who's next? Me?

Well Kwak and Whalebot, it looks like I'm in your club.....

The wife was having female problems. Her period wouldn't stop. She went to her doctor Thursday. The doctor determined that she was pregnant and that there was a good chance she was having a miscarriage. They sent her to the hospital emergency room for an ultrasound and further evaluation.

6 hours later they determined the baby was OK and that she was apprx. 7 weeks pregnant (she should have the baby in June). They told us that some women bleed while pregnant. Due to the bleeding and my wife's age (35), they are treating it as a high risk pregnancy (more exams, no lifting, lot's of rest, etc).

Needless to say we were shocked to discover she was pregnant. Now we are very concerned about the health of the baby. We were lucky with our first two children (6 year old son and 10 year old daughter). The pregnancies went smooth.

Back to the world of diapers, formula and baby gates....

:D

• Members

Advanced age pregancy is something to stay very aware during her entire time. If she is normally an active person throw some chains on her. We lost one. Very sad. Even now I wonder about the child who never was. She should remain as sedate as she can. Good luck to you both.

Archived