Rainin' and Rippin' - HGAC album update again

Freeman Keller

• Members

Actually, it's a website, not a board. The mp3's are ftp'd to the web server, and I have to set up a link for each on a web page so people can access them. They become a permanent part of the content (or until they're removed), and don't scroll off. I'm just roughing it out now - when it's a little further along and I've run it by Freeman, I'll put it on the server and post the url for comments/suggestions.

When you and Freeman get it all worked out let us know the details of contributing.

• Members

Actually, it's a website, not a board. The mp3's are ftp'd to the web server, and I have to set up a link for each on a web page so people can access them. They become a permanent part of the content (or until they're removed), and don't scroll off. I'm just roughing it out now - when it's a little further along and I've run it by Freeman, I'll put it on the server and post the url for comments/suggestions.

hey krash if you need help with it at all i have had a couple of websites that i have helped manage just lemme know and im up for anything

• Members

hey krash if you need help with it at all i have had a couple of websites that i have helped manage just lemme know and im up for anything

Thx, Brandon. I'll have to see how much work is involved once the site's up and running. Hopefully I'll have something up this week.

• Members
Anyone should feel free to contribute music to Freeman as per the cd project - I'm getting him set up so he can upload it directly to the website. The plan is to have a separate page for each contributor. I can include as many songs as you like (no vids - sorry Gil
:p
), and would like to have a brief description of the guitar & recording setup for each. Gear pics, pics of yourselves, and a
short
bio, including your music/playing philosophy, can also be worked in. We'll work out something a little more formal as we go along, and post it on the site. Would appreciate any ideas.

Thx, Brandon. I'll have to see how much work is involved once the site's up and running. Hopefully I'll have something up this week.

Lest I forget my manners, thanks Krash. I'm getting the impression that between you and Freeman this is going to be a very good thing.

• Members

Lest I forget my manners, thanks Krash. I'm getting the impression that between you and Freeman this is going to be a very good thing.

Well said, sir. Yes, thank you Krash for your generosity and expertise. And thank you once again Freeman for picking up the ball that Clip dropped.

• Members

hey Krash, are you sure you're the right person to be working around hard drives?

Been screwing up computers since before many members here were born (remember the old 8088's with 10mb 5.25" hd's?).

I joined this board just over a year ago, and have learned a great deal and enjoyed the company. Most importantly, the good people here inspired me to start playing acoustic again, an important part of my life that I had given up as lost. It's my pleasure to try to give something back to HCAG

Hope everyone here will contribute ideas as well as music so we can make the most of the site.

• Members

Been screwing up computers since before many members here were born (remember the old 8088's with 10mb 5.25" hd's?).

I joined this board just over a year ago, and have learned a great deal and enjoyed the company. Most importantly, the good people here inspired me to start playing acoustic again, an important part of my life that I had given up as lost. It's my pleasure to try to give something back to HCAG

Hope everyone here will contribute ideas as well as music so we can make the most of the site.

And a mighty fine contributer and welcome Forumite you are, too, Krash.

Multiple thanks.

-Q.

• Members
Sorry to be late to the party again, but here's basically what I'm working on with Freeman -

I'm recycling an active but unused website into a site that will supplement HCAG by providing an area for any/all relevant content that members would like to see that cannot be accommodated on this board. The initial focus will be on expanding the cd project into an online archive of music contributed by HCAG members. It will not be a file sharing site - no one will be able to post mp3's directly to the site, they'll have to go thru Freeman or myself. That will be the control on who/what can be posted. Initially it would be limited to acoustic music, but since many of us also play electric
:eek:
, I can set up a separate section for submittals of electric music. Personally, I'd prefer original music, but I guess covers are unavoidable. I don't anticipate any copyright problems as the site will be accessed primarily by HCAG members. There's plenty of disk space and bandwidth, so there's no need for us to be overly restrictive on who can contribute.

I have some ideas for additional content, and your suggestions would be appreciated.

Freeman - I have some technical details to work out, but I'll get started on this tonight, and email the particulars probably tomorrow.

Incredible.

Archived