Ain't No Bridge Pins 'Round Here, No!

Stackabones

• Members

Michael's post about bridge pins made me realize something about most of my acoustics ... they don't have them!

Gitane D500 ...

GD500G_bridge-tailpiece.jpg

(I put loop ends on mine, not ball ends. ;) )

Nylon git ...

60400.JPG

Sure, I've got a couple of acoustics with those dreaded, ugly bridge pins ... but I haven't been playing them at all.

Here's another nice lookin' non-pin tailpiece ...

CF1SB_tailpiece.jpg

There's gotta be others out there like me! :wave:

• Members

1/3 of my guitars are pinless. The other 2/3's can be re-strung in 1/3 the time it takes to re-string 1/3 of my guitars, or 66.6% more playing time. Of course, it does take 1/2 of the time to re-string 1/3 of my guitars to complain about it and get motivated. So, how much time do I save re-stringing 2/3's of my guitars?

• Members

1/3 of my guitars are pinless. The other 2/3's can be re-strung in 1/3 the time it takes to re-string 1/3 of my guitars, or 66.6% more playing time. Of course, it does take 1/2 of the time to re-string 1/3 of my guitars to complain about it and get motivated. So, how much time do I save re-stringing 2/3's of my guitars?

Another pinless believer!!! :wave:

• Members

sov

My favorite vintage acoustic: The Harmony Sovereign

Nice. :love:

This thread's been slow going, but it'll just take time for folks to see the light. So many pinheads out there trying to keep us down. Next thing you know, the paddleheads will be up in arms about our preference for slot heads.

:)

• Members

Unfortunately, my only pinless ones are my electrics and my mandolin. I just changed the strings on the mando earlier today and was thinking about the tailpiece. The loop ends kept coming off when I wasn't paying attention. I feel like I have equal trouble with both pins and loop ends, so I don't really have an opinion as far as acoustics go. Unless your bridge pins are a part of your sound, I guess. Baba comes to mind with his brass pins.

Ellen

• Members

Unfortunately, my only pinless ones are my electrics and my mandolin. ...

Ellen

I hate those electric bridges where you string it through from the back. :evil: I couldn't find a vomiting smilie, so I just picked evil. I don't have trouble with either pins or tying my classical.

Scott O

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

All my acoustics have slot heads!
:love:
:love:

Since I sold my Cort, I'm now 100% pinless...since I now have only one guitar. I've also appointed myself as a charter member of the No Bridge Pins Club (for those of you who have sigs turned off).

Slotheads rule!

...now if I could only get better at restringin' the durn thing....:rolleyes:

• Members

Slotheads rule! ...now if I could only get better at restringin' the durn thing....
:rolleyes:

:D

After all these years, I am still crap at restringing nylon stringers. I just can't do the node thing at the bridge at all.

I actually damaged the top of my nylon string right behind the bridge because of my poor skills. And I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough to restring my oud. :o

Archived