PLAYING WITH A BELLY

Amanda-Jane

• Members

CONGRATS!

I've always had a belly, so I can't really compare to playing w/o one. The guitar winds up farther away from you, of course, which makes seeing the fretboard a little harder. It sounds like your instructor doesn't want you looking at your hands anyway, so that may not be a big deal for you.

-Andy.

• Members

Thank you everybody :)
My husband and I are very excited.
I hope that our child is a musical child. I want to have lots of music around for him/her. I didn't grow up in a musical house, but always wish I did, so I hope to give that to my baby

We have been together more than 8 years and married for 1.5.. this is our first baby :)

• Members

Amanda Jane, that's wonderful news!! Many congratulations!!

Just keep playing as long as you can hold your git. Baby will hear it through your tummy. What better way to start life? :) And just think of the sweet lullabyes you'll be able to play for Baby after he/she arrives.

As you get rounder, you might consider using a strap so your git doesn't slide down too far.

All the best,

Samilyn

• Members

I'm adding my congratulations to the rest. Very exciting and wonderful news.

Back in the 80's a wonderful folk singing duo used to play local gigs in my town. During her pregency she would perch a big old dread on her growing belly and sing her wonderful songs. When asked about it she said "any kid of mine is going to come out singing!"

• Members

Congrats!

I have an 11 year old daughter, a 7 year old son and a 5 month old son. They were all exposed to music from the time they were in my wife's belly.

I bought my daughter a guitar for her 9th birthday. She also plays flute in the middles school band. We had parent teacher conferences earlier today. She got an A in band (Four A's and One B+ overall on her report card). Her band teacher said she is doing great.

My 7 year old son is talking about wanting a guitar AND a drum set. He loves music, but I want to wait a couple years before starting him on the guitar.

My 5 month old is a natural born ukulele player. When he's not on tour, he loves it when I play and sing to him.

Peyton.jpg

• Members

My 5 month old is a natural born ukulele player. When he's not on tour, he loves it when I play and sing to him.

:D Little kid instrument pictures are great, because when they grow up, you can whip them out at say they've been playing since they were 5 months old. My grandma does this to me frequently:

678297142_l.jpg

AJ- Congrats! In nine months, we expect pics. :)

• Members

Congrats on the new baby!!!! I played in bands for 16 years and then in 1985 I put down my guitars for various reasons. About a year ago I started playing again. I still have my 1978 Guild D25CH which is a dread with an arched back. When I put her down I was like a wash board. Today I'm like a sack of laundry. lol I just bought a 000 Martin because I found the dread uncomfortable. I do have an Alvarez MSD1 3/4 sized travel guitar which would be great for you. Maybe you think about buying one of those now and you'll have it for when your regular guitar gets uncomfortable, for traveling AND to give your child as a starter guitar in the future. It is quite a nice, well built and good sounding instrument.

i-slm-msd1_l.jpg

:)

• Members

Wahey! Congratulations!

Just don't let baby steal all the goodness from the nails on your pickin' hand. LOL

Our baby grew into the reason it can be an adventure to find what esoteric tuning any guitar you lift in the house may be in - and I'm still wrestling with standard...

• Members
Since I'm an enabler of GAS, why not register (baby shower) at Guitar Adoptions, Elderly Instruments, Notable Guitars, Mass Street Music, etc.

The child has to have a guitar...right?

Ain't that truth! :lol: Congratulations on the impending birth of your baby Amanda-Jane.

Trina :)

P.S.

MARTY_front.jpg

• Members
Since I'm an enabler of GAS, why not register (baby shower) at Guitar Adoptions, Elderly Instruments, Notable Guitars, Mass Street Music, etc.

The child has to have a guitar...right?

Absolutely, and you can't break them in overnight either, think of how a nice Larrivee OM will open up in 15 years. :thu:

Archived