VOM -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, Feb 10

Stackabones

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

daklander: clap, clap, clap, clap I also enjoyed the music on your myspace page.

OGP: i was pointed to daklander's myspace from yours. I like your rendition of "no woman no cry" made me pull the lyrics while I was listening so I could learn it.

kwakatak: clap, clap, clap, clap. I love having the kid in the video.

bransonb: clap, clap, clap, clap. bravo

Scott O

• Members
WOW Kwakatak!

I love to see your kid! He seems to enjoy your music!

Great video! You're a great source of motivation! I want to be able to play and sing for my friends and their children!
:thu:

--> going practicing now!
;)

Hehe - yeah, Joey likes the guitar. My older one used to as well. Now he won't let me play. I guess he's sick of my repertoire. I shot this while he was at preschool otherwise there'd be this bigger kid flitting about, muting my strings and generally throwing tantrums. I'm wondering if he'd like me to play a Jack Johnson or Wigglies tune instead?

Misha, if you're gonna play for kids I've found that they only like happy music and not the moody stuff that I tend to play. I've caught him bopping to Windy & Warm though. I think I soured him from listening to me play when I plugged in my electric and kicked it in overdrive last year! :freak:

Anyway, this was fun! There certainly are a lot of talented folks here, as well as a bunch who are showing real promise. This thread certainly has the same supportive feel of a real open mic. We should do this again. I'm already working on ways to improve for next time and I hope to have an original ready to share. Until then I'm ironing out the technical issues and hope to put up something a little easier on the eye.

• Members

Wow there are some very talented folks here,as well as overly modest as to ability.It was great to hear everyone, hopefully one day I can contribute to something like this. Bobc great song man. Stack,Dak,and Kwack cool stuff. I REALLY need to practise

• Members

That song you did. I know it was popularized by Elvis, but who wrote it? I am thinking Ken Darby? That sound right? Or should the credit follow the melody writer George Poulton?

Hard to say on that one... LOL

Good question -- what's the convention when jazz players play instrumental versions of show tunes? Do they credit lyricists? I would say Poulton should be credited, since I'm not using Darby's lyrics, instrumentation, arrangement, etc., though I am using his title...

I would have called it Aura Lee to begin with, but I was trying to stick to the 'love theme' that Stack proposed.

It's fine either way. Thanks for making that page! It looks great, and clearly captures the spirit of what we did on Sunday.

Archived