I've joined the youtube revolution!

Stackabones

• Members

Just got The Flip Ultra last night. Very light, very small, and very friendly for a techno-n00b like. Ordered it from amazon with an 3ft USB extension cord.

Flip_Ultra_Vs_Blackberry_Pe.jpg

I don't have a Blackberry, but this pic gives an idea of the Flip's size. Fit in your shirt pocket!

Shot a quick "test" vid and tried to post it last night, but youtube was doing some sprucing up and wouldn't let me dl till this morning.

Opened the box, shot a vid, dl'd to my comp & then to youtube ... elapsed time was about 15 minutes or so (and that was plenty of gawking and "gee whiz").

Just a quick vid shot of noodling guitar at around midnight.

[YOUTUBE]q1DHNP035_Y[/YOUTUBE]

I've got plenty to learn about vid and that whole world. But this lil gadget sure made things a bit simpler.

:)

• Members

you may be a tad close to the thing, but otherwise, it sounds pretty great. good buy, and nifty finger wiggling.

love,
eor

how dare you not mention what guitar you were playing?

• Members

I agree with eor that you might be a little bit close to it- it sounds like it is clipping a couple of times- but other than that, surprisingly good sound from a phone!

how dare you not mention what guitar you were playing?

Looks like his Gyspy gut is singing the blues! :love:

Ellen

• Members

i'll but in... the pic of the phone was only for comparison of size- the flip itself in a purpose built video capture device of sort's - see his link in the OP-

not out to be rude- just wanted to help clarify before it got to far along-

happy plucking-

• Members

Oops! It's the Gitane D500 ... I think I put the description of it at youtube -- just forgot to include that info here!

As I said, it's just a quick vid to show how EZ it could be to get a vid up on youtube. I've never owned a video camera. This one is my first.

It's a pretty simple camcorder ... basically turn it on and push the red button and it starts recording. Mic is built in. This particular camcorder is what they're calling "net sharing" ... I guess to make it as simple as possible to get your own vids shot and then posted online. It comes with some editing software so that you can cut off the beginnings and endings as you reach for it.

Connect the USB to your computer and away you go! Since I'm on a Mac, I've got iMovie ... which I think I'll be learning a bit more about now that I've got the Flip.

I mainly posted this to let fellow forumites know that the vid-thing is possibly within reach. I was a bit intimated about buying a big shot camcorder with a bunch of bells and whistles. This one makes it kinda easy imo.

Thanks for the comments, folks. Much appreciated. I've got tons to learn.

• Members

And I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a H2.....damn, I'm glad you posted that! U-tube, here I come!

Video and sound....hey, can you burn that directly to a dvd? Whats the file type it creates? My only burner is a program called Sonic Digital Media7. Do you think I can just stick it in and go?

• Members
How hard is that? I've been wanting to make a vid to demo a couple guitars, but I just have a Sony hi8

i dont have a mac, so its doubly hard and expensive to do so. my dell laptop isnt as fancy.

with a mac, all you have to do is get a firewire cable. plug the cable between cam and the mac and it would quite easily work.

i need a real digital camera :cry:

• Members

Synching up .wav files (from an H2 for instance) with video from a digital camera isn't hard to do in MS MovieMaker. It should be even easier in iMovie. But eventually the video gets compressed to YouTube's size requirement, so it may not be worth the bother. I think the Flip sounds pretty good all by itself.

YouTube is like the iPod in that convienience trumps AV quality. Theory being that quality comes back with increasing bandwidth which comes with market penetration. Time will tell.

Archived