NGD: 00028-H

aussieguitarnut

• Members

Oh yes - its a great day. I started a thread on here a couple of months back which signaled my intent to get a nice small body. My first day looking at guitars I fell in love with a 000-28. I thought it would be out of my league and asked for suggestions and tried many more guitars (yairis, larrys, other martins) but every 000-28 I tried I really liked. I've managed to find an amazing 0000-28H used and for about the price of a larry om3 over here. This baby has shown up now and is absolutely pristine. Will post some pictures soon.

One question - I've got the strings off and want to replace the battery in the preamp thats been fitted. Its an EMG APA-2 - the little battery don't want to budge and I don't want to be rough. Is there a knack to this?

• Members

Thats a killer guitar! Congrats, I suspect you have hust acquired a guitar that will be with you for life. Can't beat a Martin...

As far as the battery, If it is like the one I had, the battery is a 9v in a clip on the block. If so, you just need to pry it out (it is difficult to get to).

boobygoat.jpg

• Members

i am living like a goat that ate all the clothes off the line and ran away up into the mountains.

the battery problem has been sorted. my wife asked me what i was doing, moved me aside and pulled the damn thing out. my manhood feels a little damaged but heck - at least now i'm playing the guitar.

Some quick phone pix:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Members

i am living like a goat that ate all the clothes off the line and ran away up into the mountains.

the battery problem has been sorted. my wife asked me what i was doing, moved me aside and pulled the damn thing out. my manhood feels a little damaged but heck - at least now i'm playing the guitar.

Some quick phone pix:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Wives can be like that! Man, that's a gorgeous guitar. Make lots of great music.

Bill

• Members

Simply lovely. I'm not familar with that model - I assume the H is for the herringbone.

yes - h is for herringbone.

i think they were only built for a year or so around 2001. but elderly also order them as custom models these days too. mine is a 2001 model. the specs are are a little like this:

15-1/8" lower bout, gloss natural finish, spruce top with scalloped bracing, rosewood back and sides, 14-fret mahogany neck, 20-fret ebony fingerboard, dot inlays, 1-11/16" nut width, 24.9" scale, ebony bridge, tortoise plastic pickguard, white-bound body, herringbone top trim, chrome tuners

• Members

first gig with the new guitar last night and it was brilliant. we did a house gig - just me on vox + guitar, wurlitzer, and stripped back kit with brushes. no mikes or pa or anything. just live in the small room. and it was amazing. great gig with lots of interaction with the crowd and special little moments. the guitar is just beautiful. its a lot more expressive than my cole clark. the cole clark is a great, big fat sounding dread but sometimes i feel its too big - it takes up so much sonic space. the new martin just sits perfectly underneath my voice - it has a lot more nuance. i'm in love with this thing.

Archived