nice warm acoustic for under a grand??

fuzzylogic220

• Members

hey whats up? im looking at getting an acoustic here soon, i dont really know what i want but i know what i like. so im going to tell you what i like and you can give me suggestions..

Nice balanced warm tone

perferably rosewood back and sides.

i really like the headstock style like classicals where the strings go into groves in the head stock

and im really digging a sunburst acoustic.

i played a lowend walden that sounded pretty good, so maybe one of thier higher end guitars used would sound great.

if i just had more money this would be mine..............everything i want:(:( so sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160225984608&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

• Members

Definitely think cedar for warmth. I have a Breedlove Atlas AC250/CR which is solid cedar over lam. rosewood. Sounds very good for a lam side/back guitar--more resonant than you would expect. Very, very warm tone. Can be had for about $800.

• Members

warmth. That summons up deep tone, not shrill. precise, not muddy. I think if you are flatpicking you are looking at a dreadnought, and smaller guitar (parlor?) for finger picking.

Mahogany and cedar would be hard to beat for warm.

• Members

hey whats up? im looking at getting an acoustic here soon, i dont really know what i want but i know what i like. so im going to tell you what i like and you can give me suggestions..

Nice balanced warm tone

perferably rosewood back and sides.

i really like the headstock style like classicals where the strings go into groves in the head stock

and im really digging a sunburst acoustic.

i played a lowend walden that sounded pretty good, so maybe one of thier higher end guitars used would sound great.

if i just had more money this would be mine..............everything i want:(
:(
so sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160225984608&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Those type of headstocks are call "slot heads". I don't think you will find one a guitar under a grand.

They make a Epiphone Masterbilt EF-500 in sunburst and a Guild GAD 30 in sinburst in your price range.

Personally, I think Larrivee is they best buy in your price range.

• Members

Those type of headstocks are call "slot heads". I don't think you will find one a guitar under a grand.

+1 Slot-head, steel-stringed acoustics are hard to find in your price range. I think you should consider looking at used guitars if the slot head thing is really important to you. Actually I think you should consider looking at used guitars, period, since that opens up some of the mid- to almost-high-end offerings from Larrivee. Otherwise, I'd go with the Masterbilt EF-500R in Vintage Sunburst or the Guild GAD-30.

Ellen

• Members

Blueridge makes an awsome guitar. The adirondack top version is clear and warm.

Some more ideas for under a grand:

+1

Check out the Blueridge and Larrivee line. Is there a reason you are looking for rosewood rather then Mahogany. Rosewood is definitely more popular but I wouldn't say either are "Better" then the other. When people mention warm it is usually more about mahogany then rosewood. Rosewood is known to be clearer then Mahogany, with mahogany having more bottom end. If you have a Blueridge dealership in your area check them out they have a couple models with the same specs except one has rosewood back and sides the other mahogany.

Good luck on your search.

• Members

I have a near mint 2003 USA Tacoma ER22CE, Solid Cedar Top, Solid Rosewood sides & back, gloss finish, Fishman prefix pro electronics, OHSC. It is a great guitar, little to no fret wear, no dings and no issues. I would sell it for $950 shipped. I have pictures I can send. I am only selling because I bought some vintage Guild's and need to recoup funds.
Thanks,
John
570-383-3291 #3142 work
570-878-9906 cell
jqballer1@yahoo.com (home)
johnquinn@cinram.com (work)

• Members

You can pick up a blueridge br341 for about $750 or a 361 for about $950. Both have slotted headstocks and are nice fingerpickers (wider neck).

The video I posted the other day (sunday morning) was on a Blueridge 361

Archived