Show me some odd ball acoustics that are awesome

fuzzylogic220

• Members

No Martin's Larvaiee's(sp) or anything.

So ive decided that its time to save up for a nice acoustic. Since ive recently discovered Tommy Emmanuel and learned a few of his songs on my walden..... i got the fire for a really nice acoustic. The thing is .....I dont know what i want other than i want it to sound really good. I do know that i want it to be an odd ball tho.......something you dont see everyday.....To me 95% of all acoustics look pretty much the same only differing in if they are a Jumbo, or cutaway or what have you.

I mostly play electric i have a Gibson LP Custom, PRS Modern Egale, DR.Z Stingray.... And then i have a Walden ....i mean its an ok guitar for what i paid for it. But im wanting something that i can grow old with, and maybe pass on to my son if i can ever find a girl that isnt freaking retarted. Im planing on saving around 3500

So since this is the Acoustic Forum....show me something Cool.

And if i were to go with a "mainstream" guitar.....it would probably be something old. I played an old martin at a shop one time years ago......IT looked like it had been through HELL but gosh it was awesome.

• Members

I own several guitars. Only two qualify as awesome, IMO.

I don't know of any other Gibson-size jumbo cutaway slothead in the world.

This one is Indian Rosewood B&S, Cedar top. It didn't exist before I asked my

luthier to build one. Everyone who has ever played it, including luthiers, has put it down impressed.

new_cutaway_jumbo_2007_reduced.JPG

And my favorite, my 3 inch thick Guild F-65ce. These babies are hard to find

and getting more expensive. Fastest neck I've ever played on an acoustic.

Anthony_with_f65.jpg

• Members

Those are freaking AWESOME!!!........ i read on thier site that they "START" around 3900 WOW! I might have to save up some more.....its going to be a while as it is anyway...... Maybe next year for my birthday gift to myself........you gota plan this Shiz yo!
:)

yep - they're damned cool. I would give him a call and see what price he can do. There's a wait time too which would give you time to save :thu:

• Members

For $1000 you're flirting with getting a hand-made custom. I often drool at Rob Bustos's (Paragon Guitars) stuff based on the aesthetic qualities of his guitars based on pics alone. I've also had the opportunity to almost literally drool over a couple of Tim McKnight's guitars as well. Base price for either is $4500 though.

• Members

Marcellis is not kidding when he says that Guild F65ce is totally awesome.

I've played that git and it's beyond awesome. I've GASsed for one ever since!

Samilyn, There's one up at Shreveport Music

• Members

New here, so I'm not sure how to post links or pics, BUT...

Check out Giannini, of Brazil. Mind bendingly unique guitars. The new ones have onboard electronics as an option. But beware. If you watch yourself play one in a mirror for more than thirty seconds, you will go irretrievably insane.

Archived