All these danged NGD's have me jealous

kwakatak

• Members

I've been very patient but I'm coming up on my limit once again.
:facepalm:

Ummm, no.

You've reached your limit for quite some time from what I've noticed. Don't fool yourself.

I've seen your "testimonials", the D21's, the D35's vs. the HD35's, the HD28's. Hell, Martin dreads in general.

I'm not gonna make this easy for you, it wouldn't be fun that way. So I'm going to go against the AG "grain". I say don't resist the GAS. Embrace it. Breath it in. Caress it. But don't you get rid of that 'fire".

I think it's time for a major "trade" is what I'm saying. Something big. A "front page headline". A triple-digit thread reply count here. You got the inventory. Now go get what you're really "aching" for.

Ha ha ha ha......(that's the devil laughing, btw).....

Sorry Kwak. Just trying to present a different "perspective".

• Members

Ummm, no.

You've reached your limit for quite some time from what I've noticed. Don't fool yourself.

I've seen your "testimonials",
the D21's, the D35's vs. the HD35's, the HD28's. Hell, Martin dreads in general.

I'm not gonna make this easy for you, it wouldn't be fun that way. So I'm going to go against the AG "grain". I say don't resist the GAS. Embrace it. Breath it in. Caress it. But don't you get rid of that 'fire".

I think it's time for a major "trade" is what I'm saying. Something big. A "front page headline". A triple-digit thread reply count here. You got the inventory. Now go get what you're really "aching" for.

Hello. My name is Samilyn and I'm a Martin dreadaholic.

• Members

Nah. Take the $$ you'd spend on the Yammie and stuff it in the coffee can that has a photo of the D28 glued to it. It'll make ya feel better, knowing you're that much closer.

Yeah, he will have that new guitar in 10 or 11 years......;)

• Members

Aren't these supposed to be hard times?
:mad:

Don't mind me. I've been very patient but I'm coming up on my limit once again.
:facepalm:

Can't say I don't have GAS, but PAS is keeping my GAS at bay during these times.

PAS: Principal Acquisition Syndrome, as in paying substantially additional to our mortgage every month to pay it off early. I like to see the principal we've paid rise each month.

This economic situation has reinforced an idea I've had for some time: if you have your house paid for, you can rough out difficult economic times. Not brilliant or original, but it's good motivation for being frugal.

This doesn't cure GAS, but it does dull it a bit. ;)

Bill

• Members

I'm doing the same but am leery of the dropping values. Seems pretty wild that I might be looking at paying down a mortgage the house no longer represents in market value.

House values are dropping here some, too, but not as wild as in some parts of the country. It was a special kick in the teeth to get my property tax notice. Because of reevaluation, the county's estimate of our house for their taxing purposes increased 17%. Also, a couple of years ago our district's school board was able to have a referendum on building a mammoth new state of the art high school for a failing school system, courtesy of the property owners. The vote was held in August when no one was paying attention (the intentional scheduling of the vote was especially galling) and many were on vacation. About 10% of the registered voters voted and the referendum barely passed. With the reevaluation and the increased school tax that is now kicking in, our property tax increased 59% over last year. So we pay higher taxes of a house that would sell for less if it were on the market.

Looking at property values long term, I'm sure we'll recoup the loss in real value over time. It's tough for folks who have to relocate and sell theirs, but, then again, if they buy somewhere else those values are down, too. In those places where the values shot through the roof, particularly where there was a lot of speculating and flipping going on, I feel for regular homeowners who got stuck with unreal payments on houses whose values nosedived. I have little pity for speculators who got soaked.

Oh well, I probably shouldn't have written all that, but having taken the time to do so, I hate to delete it all. ;) Let's just go back to commisserating with Hud. At least I kept the mood of the thread going. :)

Best to all,

Bill

• Members

Coffee can, eh? I have a small one filled up somewhere. IIRC it only holds $37.80 at present...

IIRC used D-35s can be found at the $1400-$1500 mark.

I've done my homework, people. The trick is living with the shame of lust.
:freak:

I'm with ya man. My coffee can was commandeered for mortgage payments!

• Members

Ummm, no.

I've seen your "testimonials", the D21's, the D35's vs. the HD35's, the HD28's. Hell, Martin dreads in general.

Did you need a little salt to go along with that rub in?

• Members

Duh...dunno why I didn't think of this before....

I know your boys are already a handful, but have you thought about maybe taking on the care of at least one extra kid during the day? The extra bucks would come in mighty handy. I'm sure your friends and neighbors would put the word out and give you great references. People are always searching for a kind, dependable child care person.

Additionally, try to get up the gumption to play some parties or something during the holidays. Put out the tip jar and empty it into your coffee can when you get home.

• Members

Hey Neil.............Ya want a gypsy jazz guitar?

I have that one I got from Samilyn I can send you.

This way it stay's in Da' Family

Just E-Mail me to work out the incidentals.

Dat Django box is a fun little git to play. Got a cool sound to it.

Hey, Steve, you still making sweet music with dat cool reso?

• Members

I was actually thinking of scouting out some local coffee shops.

As for teaching, yet another possibility but I'm afraid my theory isn't up to snuff.

Regarding the daycare thing, it's not possible. The bulk of the day is split between therapy and preschool. It'd probably be great for Justin to be around another kid but he's been known to hit and/or bite completely unprovoked.

BTW, thanks SteveO, but I already got a git in mind. There's already some change in the coffee can.

• Members

I was actually thinking of scouting out some local coffee shops.

As for teaching, yet another possibility but I'm afraid my theory isn't up to snuff.

Regarding the daycare thing, it's not possible. The bulk of the day is split between therapy and preschool. It'd probably be great for Justin to be around another kid but he's been known to hit and/or bite completely unprovoked.

BTW, thanks SteveO, but I already got a git in mind. There's already some change in the coffee can.

Do scout the coffee shops. Worthwhile even if you just play for tips. Every buck in that jar brings ya closer to that Martin and the experience you gain is priceless.

• Members

I suspect your theory would do very well for one-on-one teaching, probably into intermediate. Of course, it would depend upon what the student was after. Being able to schedule teaching would be the more difficult matter, I suspect. Still, if that could be worked out, teaching may be just the thing. Give it some careful consideration, if I may be so bold to encourage you to do it! (I'm really good at planning other folks' lives. :facepalm:)

Best,

Bill

Archived