VOM Reminder -- This Sunday, April 12

Stackabones

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Folks - want to introduce my son-in-law, Stephen.

As he mentioned, he will be doing the data side of the VOM this month while I am laid up. I have been training him for a couple months now and he did the last VOM data entry himself while I watched. He should have you well covered for the event.

Try not to throw him any curve balls though. He's not quite as familiar with all the other odds and ends that I normally do like hosting stuff and what have you.

Stephen is also gonna inform Stack about the results of the surgery on Thursday afternoon. He's also agreed to drop the entire VOM to mp3 and bring it to me in recovery. So make it a good one guys and gals, this VOM is my recovery music.
:thu:

The only bad thing about him is that if he calls me pop one more time I am gonna have to smack him around the head and shoulders for a while.
:facepalm:
The boy is giving me an old complex.

Best of Luck...

I have include you in the weekly bulletin for my parish, hope you do not mind.

God Bless!

Omar

• Members

No hay problema, Omar.

All languages are welcome! Some don't even sing -- so language isn't even an issue with them.
;)

Muchas Gracias!

Asi lo hare. no es una cancion original mia (es un cover), pero la hare con gusto!

Hasta Pronto!

Omar :thu:

Translation: Thanks!

I'll do, it is no my original song (it is a cover) But I 'll gladly play it!

Later!

• Members
Question:

Would it be cool if I post a song in the next VOM in spanish?

it will be my first time posting
and I wanted to check first with you 'old timers'
:badump:

:cop:

Thanks!

Omar

(just kidding with the old timers thing, ok?
:D
)

Glad to hear you're going to join us. I'm looking forward to hearing you. :)

• Members
Muchas Gracias!

Asi lo hare. no es una cancion original mia (es un cover), pero la hare con gusto!

Hasta Pronto!

Omar

Translation: Thanks!

I'll do, it is no my original song (it is a cover) But I 'll gladly play it!

Later!

De nada.

Thanks for the translation. My Spanish is rather rusty and a bit Texafied. :)

• Members
Question:

Would it be cool if I post a song in the next VOM in spanish?

it will be my first time posting and I wanted to check first with you 'old timers'
:badump:

:cop:

Thanks!

Omar

(just kidding with the old timers thing, ok?
:D
)

I submitted a song in Welsh a few VOMs ago so one in Spanish would be no problem at all. I'm sure we will all enjoy listening to you.

• Members

Absentee entry added... an original song this time.

Also, I wanted to send my thanks to all who participate, but also work behind the scene to give us all the opportunity to share our music with others, and enjoy the talent of the collective! It's very much appreciated.

And Joe, get well soon brother!

• Members

How'd you do that?...I can't do that

Some of us aren't on the list 'cause they don't like us, or we're not in the club, or something.....:poke:

Actually, you should be able to sign in with the email address that you use here and then can get to the absentee post section. Use the Log In link at the upper right.

For what ever reason, some members are not on the pull down list.

• Members
Some of us aren't on the list 'cause they don't like us, or we're not in the club, or something.....:poke:

Actually, you should be able to sign in with the email address that you use here and then can get to the absentee post section. Use the Log In link at the upper right.

For what ever reason, some members are not on the pull down list.

I'm not quite sure if tbryson was referring to simply using the absentee posting feature or if he was referring to Stack's special powers to see who has successfully absentee posted prior to the official VOM kickoff. If it's the latter, I think that club is awfully exclusive ;)

If it's the former, then it sounds like what dak says should get you to the absentee posting.

• Members

In order to register at the Archives and subsequently be on the dropdown list, you must have participated in at least one VOM.

If you have never done a VOM, you have to wait until it opens to make your post. After that, you'll be able to register and use the Absentee Posting feature.

Joe did it this way to prevent spam to the archives.

Archived