Youtube recording: late night noodlings

kwakatak

• Members

Heh - yeah, I could go 4-5 different ways with any of the passages. I call this take a "jam" because I kinda just spaced out and went with it just to see where it'd take me.

The first piece has been in the buffer for the past coupla years but needs an ending. I think of it as sort of a love song

OTOH the end part is just damned fun to play. It's kinda like that one I did for the VOM1T one month last summer but I tried to get a little more elaborate with the bass line. Again, it's heavily inspired by my friend in Philly who's got pretty steady jazz/funk gigs in Philly/NYC and Baltimore.

The middle part is more akin to a spaghetti western theme and I'm having fun with that high A stretch while doing the bass line walk-down, though the tune is not technically an original - I heard it way back in 1990 when I used to be into "world music."

• Members

Heh - yeah, I could go 4-5 different ways with any of the passages. I call this take a "jam" because I kinda just spaced out and went with it just to see where it'd take me.

The first piece has been in the buffer for the past coupla years but needs an ending. I think of it as sort of a love song

OTOH the end part is just damned
fun
to play. It's kinda like that one I did for the VOM1T one month last summer but I tried to get a little more elaborate with the bass line. Again, it's heavily inspired by my friend in Philly who's got pretty steady jazz/funk gigs in Philly/NYC and Baltimore.

The middle part is more akin to a spaghetti western theme and I'm having fun with that high A stretch while doing the bass line walk-down, though the tune is not technically an original - I heard it way back in 1990 when I used to be into "world music."

You could work all three into one if you found a way to end it with the same section you began with.

• Members

You could work all three into one if you found a way to end it with the same section you began with.

This is how Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) wrote. He'd bury himself in his studio and just play. Then he'd listen and stitch together the bits.

• Members
This is how Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) wrote. He'd bury himself in his studio and just play. Then he'd listen and stitch together the bits.

That's pretty interesting. It's kind of like "organic inspiration" where you capture the seed of an idea and cultivate it. I guess the trick is to have a green thumb. :thu:

• Members

That was very nice Neil.

That's part of your identity. If you can noodle like that all the time, who needs a set list. You just sit down and play stuff like that, Nobody will know, or care, what song it is, but they will enjoy it.

Nicely done and the sound was beautiful.

Archived