Wooden Slide!

Stackabones

• Members

I would love to know what that sounds like..........I just busted one of my good glass slides last night, it fell on the brick fireplace hearth.........bet that wouldn't happen to a wood slide. Maybe post a recording if you can?

Purdy Pleeze?

• Members

I play with these until I lose one, then the remaining one becomes my slide.

claves.jpg

They do get scratched up pretty easily though. So I try to use them on nylon string guitars. I've also used a cowbell as a slide. And sometimes I cut the longest chime off a set of wind chimes and use that. I tried a pen once and it didn't work.

• Members

I play with these until I lose one, then the remaining one becomes my slide.

claves.jpg

They do get scratched up pretty easily though. So I try to use them on nylon string guitars. I've also used a cowbell as a slide. And sometimes I cut the longest chime off a set of wind chimes and use that. I tried a pen once and it didn't work.

Also: cut-off pieces of bicycle handlebars and shotgun barrels are good!

• Members

My thoughts exactly :-).

Though, if you've got a shotgun barrel that you're using as a slide, that must mean that you also have a shotgun with a barrel that's shorter than it should be.

Which is illegal, by the way
:cop:

Just because the barrel is shorter than it was when it was born with doesn't make it illegal. U.S. minimum length is 18". Most field guns are born with barrels of 26-28". Plenty of room to make a slide, if you really want one made of barrel steel.

Archived