Norman Guitars

Existentialist

• Members

I guess I'm just confused at why I never hear about these and never see them in stores, and they're even hard to find for sale online anywhere. I'd never heard of them before but I tried a solid spruce top/solid rosewood back and sides model yesterday and really liked it, especially for the prices.

Same factory as Seagull, same Tusq nuts, same woods (although they seem to be slightly more spruce-leaning and Seagull more cedar-leaning).

I have a Seagull myself and the people I've given lessons to or who are just starting guitar have always been recommended Seagulls by me. The main complaints I always see offline and online are: "Neck/headstock are too funky for me". Normans seem to sort that and are otherwise the same guitars... I wonder why they're not a bigger hit than Seagulls.

This was the one I tried and I might go back and buy it depending on some things;

st68.jpg

• Members

These guitars are as good as any Seagull. I live in Quebec, Canada and we see them in music shops as much as the Seagulls or S&P!

Is it the St-68?

I don't know why they are hard to find outside Quebec? Marketing, I guess... They are not of lesser quality than any Seagull or Godin product.

• Members

I've noticed that guitars are kinda like boats (which I've also done a lot of research on). They can be somewhat "regional". Some of the best guitars (boats) are only found in certain parts of the USA, or world for that matter. Crafter is (evidently) another good example.

• Members

I've noticed that guitars are kinda like boats (which I've also done a lot of research on). They can be somewhat "regional". Some of the best guitars (boats) are only found in certain parts of the USA, or world for that matter. Crafter is (evidently) another good example.

Parenthetically speaking... :lol:

Just playing with you FG. It's Monday. I'm giddy.

• Members

A used one cropped up at a local mom-and-pop a while back but it's the only Norman I've seen hereabouts. I'd assume they're essentially comparable to Simon & Patrick and I've seen a number of those. Regardless, Godin products are well regarded and I doubt the Norman will disappoint you. Still, I can't imagine why Norman doesn't have wider distribution. I checked their dealer locator and found 95 in the US. How come none of those is anywhere near me? :idk:

• Members

A used one cropped up at a local mom-and-pop a while back but it's the only Norman I've seen hereabouts. I'd assume they're essentially comparable to Simon & Patrick and I've seen a number of those. Regardless, Godin products are well regarded and I doubt the Norman will disappoint you. Still, I can't imagine why Norman doesn't have wider distribution. I checked their dealer locator and found 95 in the US. How come none of those is anywhere near me? :confused:

Archived