best guitar in the world

george black

• Members

Give this a listen.

http://www.andromedan.com/movies/sheppard2.mp3

That has to be one of the most amazing guitars I've ever heard BUT the prices that they start at are in the mid-$6K range, even if I had that kind of money I'd not be able to buy one because I just couldn't justify it to my wife or myself. I'm not a pro, don't make any money playing and have many other things that $6K could go toward. Still, in a dream world of my own making a Sheppard would be awesome to own.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, those Estebans are all "individually hand made" with a certificate of authenticity too. What a deal. Bet Martin or Gibson can't match that. He will even throw in a free Zorro hat last I heard.

Do you go with the "'57 Chevy Esteban" or the new "Camaro Esteban"?

Tough decision.....

• Members

Well I sure did not mean to offend anyone. No, I agree that there are many other wonderful guitars besides the two I mentioned. Like my Washburn j28dl that is right in the hunt. I was not trying to exclude anyone. It is just that there have been numerous threads recently related to comparing the Gibs to the marts and being that I am the worlds greatest expert on the subject I thought I would see if anyone would dispute my opinion. Now if you do disagree then understand this could send me back into total relapse and that will be something you will have to live with.

• Members

Well I sure did not mean to offend anyone. No, I agree that there are many other wonderful guitars besides the two I mentioned. Like my Washburn j28dl that is right in the hunt. I was not trying to exclude anyone. It is just that there have been numerous threads recently related to comparing the Gibs to the marts and being that I am the worlds greatest expert on the subject I thought I would see if anyone would dispute my opinion. Now if you do disagree then understand this could send me back into total relapse and that will be something you will have to live with.

Are you a Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang man?

• Members

You know, there are some people that are just plain funny. They know they're funny and others know they're funny. George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Bill Hicks...they were all funny.

Then there are those that "think" they're funny. They even convinced producers into thinking they were funny. But they're not funny at all. Wanda Sikes, Carlos Mencia, Bill Maher and others fall into this category.

I'm gonna go ahead and place you in the second group.

• Members

You know, there are some people that are just plain funny. They know they're funny and others know they're funny. George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Bill Hicks...they were all funny.

Then there are those that "think" they're funny. They even convinced producers into thinking they were funny. But they're not funny at all. Wanda Sikes, Carlos Mencia, Bill Maher and others fall into this category.

I'm gonna go ahead and place you in the second group.

Bill Maher's stand up routine is pretty funny.

I saw him at Eastern Michigan in 2004. He put on a great show.

• Members

Well I suppose I posted this on the wrong forum. I did not mean to offend anyone. But just for the record, you have taken for granted the all time greatest guitar analyst in the world. I am talking all time greatest.

Ali was the greatest of all time....;)

• Members

Funny thing is, no one has disputed my comparison of the gibson vs martin. Just goes to prove that I am the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way I had a 1955 j200 that could not hold a candle to the one I have now. As the worlds greatest analyst I will tell you fine people that you put way too much emphasis on age. Once one opens up and that only takes 5+ years, then all bets are off about that age thing. Way too many thousands of $$$$$$$ have been spent on the assumption that older is better. this come from the greatest!!!

• Members

"Now if you do disagree then understand this could send me back into total relapse and that will be something you will have to live with".

Transference of ones choices is not really a valid Excuse or Reason, and I beg the difference with you. It is YOU who will have to live with your Relapse. We will go on in life as we have before.................Now the Material is really nice, it's just that the sleeves are a little long.

Archived