VOM request!

Stackabones

• Members

I couldn't get past the confirmation code. It was illegible. Every time.

Yea, you're talking about the captcha on the VOM fall back site at http://melodyvine.com. I hate that dam thing, I am going to go turn it the heck off.

It's intention is to keep the robots and spammers out, but it's more hassle than it's worth.

EDIT: Ok, I didn't turn it off, but I did scale it back to 2d - so it should be much easier to read.

• Members

Thanks Joe.

I got in.

You guys all look like your avatars carried over, but I had to scale mine down to 75 pixels to get the site to accept it. What's the secret?

(and I hope the HC folks are getting pissed about us discussing our move to their replacement right out here in public)

• Members

Thanks Joe.

I got in.

You guys all look like your avatars carried over, but I had to scale mine down to 75 pixels to get the site to accept it. What's the secret?

(and I hope the HC folks are getting pissed about us discussing our move to their replacement right out here in public)

I left you a message over there. just let me know what you need.

• Members

Thanks Joe.

I got in.

Well, it isn't our fault that their IT team apparently doesn't want to implement the latest phpBB forum and decided to use that crappy Jive instead. I dig the Melody Vine forum and have no issues with using the features.

• Members

So--stupid question alert--If I'm already registered at the archive site, then it will carry over to the new deal, as in, I don't have to do nothin'?

If you're talking about the fall back forum at http://melodyvine.com , you'll need to register. It's just a posting place like this place in the event we have to use it due to problems here at HC. Doesn't hurt to have a fall back plan.

• Members

So--stupid question alert--If I'm already registered at the archive site, then it will carry over to the new deal, as in, I don't have to do nothin'?

What Joe said...you need to register at MelodyVine too. I did and I like it over there - wayyy better looking site and easier to use than what I saw of HC2.

• Members

If you're talking about the fall back forum at
, you'll need to register. It's just a posting place like this place in the event we have to use it due to problems here at HC. Doesn't hurt to have a fall back plan.

Can't log in. Don't know why. Same user name , "Michael Martin", right? Doesn't recognize me. Ack.

• Members

I think I am registered at VOM and Melodyvine...can you tell Joe?

VOM Archives - yes..

Don't see your name at MV though.

It's like Stack said, there is no reason to really believe this will blow up.. MV is simply a precaution created to keep all these folks together in the event of a epic fail and/or service black outs here on the home board.

Stack and I discussed this a while back long before any of us knew about the beta. HC is owned, as you know, by MF. It's a business. Businesses close their doors, and/or shed expenses every day. In the last year, they been folding like card games - and names much larger than MF. There is not even a hint of a suggestion that anything of the like is in store for this place, but, if it did happen this VOM tradition would go with it unless we had a fall back place, just in case.

Chances are, we'll never be forced to use it, but we have it. Spreading our stance just keeps all our eggs out of the same basket. I wish I had a dime for every time I have had to say "If I had only done ... name your hindsight here ..."

:thu:

• Members

Can't log in. Don't know why. Same user name , "Michael Martin", right? Doesn't recognize me. Ack.

You have to register at MV, Michael. The VOM Archives and MelodyVine are not tied together. They are on different web locations. Just register with the same name you use everywhere else. The register button is on the top left in the header banner.

Archived