VOM 28 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stackabones

• Members

The harmonies really make the song complete. I heard a little percussion but at first I thought it was just your hand hitting the guitar while you strummed. I didn't really notice any bass. No matter, the addition of the harmonies was the topper.

Nice job.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The harmonies really make the song complete. I heard a little percussion but at first I thought it was just your hand hitting the guitar while you strummed. I didn't really notice any bass. No matter, the addition of the harmonies was the topper.

Nice job.

The bass is nice and clear on a CD I burned. It is plenty audible on the USB connected speakers that I plugged into my laptop. They are made by Cyber Acoustics and actually what I use when I am initially mixing on the laptop. I listen to the completed mix on my Roland reference monitors to make sure everything is okay at the end.

• Members
I might have to follow Ellen's advice and give this one away to someone who can sing it. Some of the lyrics maybe could use a little tweeking, but I think it mostly needs a good singer to pull it off. And a good band to play it. I'm just a hack songwriter wannabe
:)

I did not mean to imply that by giving it to a different singer you were not able to sing it! In my experience, having someone other than yourself sing something you wrote can help a song realize it's full potential. Especially when it's already a good song, like yours.

• Members

Just a quick note here. I was away for most of last week and I finally got done listening to this month's VOM. Great job as always guys and thanks to all who listened to my submission and commented. It is a tough piece to play, I've done it better and believe me, I have done it worse. But it was a one shot take so...

How many weeks till the next one???

Tony

• Members
I did not mean to imply that by giving it to a different singer you were not able to sing it! In my experience, having someone other than yourself sing something you wrote can help a song realize it's full potential. Especially when it's already a good song, like yours.

Oh I know Ellen, it is I who insist I can't sing it! :)

I knew it the whole time I was singing it! :)

But still I sing it! :)

Because it's there! :)

• Members

Pine Apple Slim - Great take on this 60's anti-war classic!

Tbryson - Great road trip song!

BlackHatHunter - Great take on a great song!! Liked the photo montage you put together too.

Garthman - Sounded great! Like the way you play and sing this!

Rhancox - Clan recording and your singing is spot on!! Great playing and singing.

Fendouglas - What a fun song! Great delivery too!!

chriscarnucci - Beautiful song Chris!! Vocal started rough but seemed to smooth out as you went.

FussenKuh - Awesome!! You had me rockin'!

Michael_Martin - Very Nice!! What struck me most was the vocal phrasing and delivery. Great lyrics!

Stackabones - You have a great signature style which is truly wonderful to listen to! Grat song!!

Diceman1000 - Love this. Great song with a great story.

Frets99 - Beautiful rendition and clever video to go with it!

Bludog79 - Sounds great!!

Sangemon - I like your rendition!! If your vocal was stronger it would have a John Prine sound!

Hypcollector - Really great song!!

Guitarist21 - Awesome!! Loved that ending solo too!

RKO - I've never heard that song, nice one!!

LiFeStArTsAt40 - One of my old favorites I learned as a teen! You definitely got the feel. Nice recording too!

TSMusic - Wow! Sounds like multiple guitars! Great!!

Oldskool Texas - Great song with some great advice for the kids!!

Masterbuilt - Great song and I like your voice!

Phoniclab - Really like your take on this! One of my AB favs!!

Mrmoe - Always enjoy your songs and this one is no exception!!

Glenn_F - Great song and thoroughly enjoyable listen!

Gthom - Not the sort of music I normally listen to but I appreciate the dedication it takes to be able to play this!

Jamesp - After I cranked it up and could hear it I really enjoyed the lisyen!

Brianwahl - Listened to this on the forum, Great!!

Pschaafs - A Classic! Buffalo Springfield is one of my favorite bands from back then. Great take on this!!

Archived