Any 12-string love?

Misha

• Members

It tickled me when near the end of the vid Gilmour says "But you don't what to hear that old rubbish."

Serious classic song from one of PF's best albums. He wrote it, he's earned the right to play that sumbuck every day between now and the day he dies.

Man, I'm lusting for that G212.

C'mon payday!

• Members

I really shouldn't watch vids like that. They give me serious GAS. I've got an on and off love affair with 12 strings. Now it's on again.

So the G212 is just a few days away Skippy
?

I sure hope so.

I've got my Agile AL-2000 sold. That makes up 1/3 of the cost of the GAD. My G/F said she'd go halves on the G212 w/ me. Hopefully she won't see anything shiny between now and payday that she MUST have. If everything pans out I'm hoping to be playing the 12 string this weekend.

If not, then it will be two weekends later.

• Members

Sorry to give you GAS, guys... !!! (Don't worry, some women have GAS for guitars AND shoes... :facepalm: )

Jeez! This Guild sounds gooooood! I now know why a Guild is always recommended when we talk about 12-string guitars!

---------------------------------

SkippyX: post pics when you get it! :cool:

• Members

Sorry to give you GAS, guys... !!! (Don't worry, some women have GAS for guitars AND shoes...
:facepalm:
)

Jeez! This Guild sounds gooooood! I now know why a Guild is always recommended when we talk about 12-string guitars!

SkippyX: post pics when you get it!
:cool:

Didn't give me GAS:poke: I know why I have mine! And someone would have to pry it out of my deaf grip to take it away:facepalm: It is an awesome instrument. Looking forward to seeing the GAD!

Bob

• Members

Love the Guild. Of all the 12 strings I've played, it's the ones by Guild that I keep being drawn to. And I DO plan to have a 12-er some day.

But as for the song Wish You Were Here, well, let's face it gang. That song HAS been done to death. Time to retire that old war horse. :bor:

JMHO, of course.

• Members

Love the Guild. Of all the 12 strings I've played, it's the ones by Guild that I keep being drawn to. And I DO plan to have a 12-er some day.

I stopped by a new GC near where I work. It was weird. Almost like Best Buy had taken over the music instrument business.

But, their selection was phenomenal. I tried out Martins from the 50's and 60's. I tried out Gibby J-45s. I had old D18s and D2whatevers.

I still like my Guild better.

And I'm beginning to suspect that no one mass produces a twelve string as well as Guild does.

Those jumbo twelves are lookin' pretty tasty. So are those classicals.

Edit: Pics will be forthcoming.

• Members

Sorry to give you GAS, guys... !!! (Don't worry, some women have GAS for guitars AND shoes...
:facepalm:
)

SkippyX: post pics when you get it!
:cool:

You should get one Misha...and some more shoes too!

• Members

You should get one Misha...and some more shoes too!

lol

I'm ok for shoes, at least for the summer! I would like to have a 12-string but, right now, I'm gassing for a Godin Session http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsessionp.htm and also a TC Electronic Nova System! :facepalm:

There are 3 things that are really interesting in that Godin Session:

1- The neck

2- The 2-point trem

3- The Basswod body because I like how it sounds

• Members

Very nice.
:thu:
How about you tell us what we're looking at here, Freeman.

1980 Martin D12-28 Nice guitar but I've never bonded with the dread size. I would trade it for a D12-20 or 35 in an instant. Short scale, I tune it 2 half steps down, but don't really play it that much.

OM12 - Small deep body, Sitka over rose, medium scale, tuned 2-3 half steps down, built to be a fingerpicker. I pretend I'm Leo Kottke when I play it.

Stella-clone. Deep 000, Adi over mahogany, ladder braced, very long scale. Strung heavy and tuned in the cellar. My Willie McTell/Leadbelly blues cannon. Right now it is tuned to open G four steps down - rattles the rafters.

next, a 12 string reso....

• Members

Good place for those who like 12 strings. Even tho it is at the UMGF it is not all about Marties. I've found some other 12 string sites but this seems to be the best

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/forums/7

I also always recommend that 12 string players, particularly newer ones, spend a little time at the bottom of this

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/5339

• Members

I'll take 2, Freeman. Didn't you build the one on the right? Stella clone?

I covet that, please forgive me Jeebus..

Here's mine- I have a Guild F-112 too, but no pics of that one yet. Lazy.

National M-1 12

triconefull.jpg

Archived