Allman Brothers unplugged circa 1990

kwakatak

• Members

Man, I love Youtube. Who needs sleep?

What's Dickie Betts playing there? Is that an Alvarez or a Martin? The headstock inlay is throwing me off. It looks and sounds like a hog top:

[YOUTUBE]2uFD7JqkOR4[/YOUTUBE]

It's hard for me to believe that this was 20 years ago and that the song is older than I am!

• Members

Here's an acoustic version of "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" that I've come to love. It is played almost every week on my local station's (KFOG) "Acoustic Sunrise" show (from 7am-noon Sundays). This show is "must listen" radio in my house...

sTFm9gFz3_w

• Members

Man, I love Youtube. Who needs sleep?

What's Dickie Betts playing there? Is that an Alvarez or a Martin? The headstock inlay is throwing me off. . . .

Appears to be an Alvarez Yairi from the headstock logo. You get a good look at about 0:58 and 3:18 and just past 4:00.

• Members
Sorry to hear that Q. Yamaha Junkie wants me to teach it to him but I only know the first 3 chords, then adult ADD takes over and - I'm sorry but what were we talking about again?
:confused:

There was a thread on here very recently with video lessons for this very song. Dale (maplebbay) who posts on here regularly has a very good one up on youtube ... look (or tell Yamaha Junkie) to look up Dale's page ... he's "tonedr" on youtube. YJ will have sweet melissa down in no time.
Chris

Archived