What about effects?

DSnellen79

• Members

I don't play acoustic that much, but I am playing with a new band where I will be playing electric and acoustic when ever the song calls for it. I have a nice guitar. Its a Taylor 25th anniversary 310M. Very nice sounding acousticly. However I don't care for the pluged in tone. I'm sure this is a pickup problem and I'm going to change it. I also don't have any eq for it and no effects. My questions are; what are the best pickups right now, and what other effects/DI/whatever, do I need to get a good professional sound out of my acoustic?

• Members

Maybe it's just me, but I find ZOOM effects units to be very noisy.

It depends how you programme them. I have 3 banks each of 4 pedals programmed exclusively for acoustic guitar - various combinations of EQ, chorus, reverb, etc. If you keep the levels at modest settings you can get some excellent, pure-sounding effects.

• Members
It depends how you programme them. I have 3 banks each of 4 pedals programmed exclusively for acoustic guitar - various combinations of EQ, chorus, reverb, etc. If you keep the levels at modest settings you can get some excellent, pure-sounding effects.

You mean their not supposed to be set on 10? Dang!:facepalm:

• Members
Love those Dano minis!

Me 2...they really sound amazing, yet are dirt cheap!

Sadly, their phaser and flanger is not of the same tonal quality as their other boxes, so I still use Boss for those. The silver one, between the two Boss pedals, is a Rocktek phaser and when run into the Boss phaser, and set to very slight differences in speed, I can get the coolest, ever-changing swirling waves of sound. :)

• Members

Had a few PMs asking what all this is and in what order all this works, so I'm going to post it here, rather than answer several PMs...yeah, I'm lazy! :lol:

fc343887-0ce2-4b46-b20c-7c82edb94f6d

Guitar -> Dano Trip-L (wah) -> Dano "Tuna Melt" (Tremolo) -> Dano "Chicken Salad" (Vibrato) -> Boss Super Phaser -> Rocktek Phaser -> Boss Flanger -> Dano "Milkshake" (chorus) -> Dano "PB&J" Delay/Slapback -> amp -> PA

And, no, I have no idea why Dano named all of their mini-pedals after snack foods...guess it just seemed like a good idea to someone... :p

Archived