Melissa82

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, got a bunch of replies here, lol

Here is my blog, it connects with my YT page. http://ukemanifest.blogspot.com/

And about the low g tuning. It is something I have been thinking about and I will probably try it later when I get my next uke. Yes, next! I have 4 now, hahaha (2 are really cheap so not really worth mentioning).

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Hi Melissa, I switched from guitar to uke mainly because a uke is so much more portable also I prefer the sound, people respond to a uke and tend to join in with your singing - is that what you want to do?
The transition from guitar to uke is a re-learning process so please decide which way you need to go,okay.

• Members

You can always get a Baritone Uke, same 4 strings as the top 4 on a guitar and the chords are the same. I tried to get the hang of a standard Uke but the chords are different enough and I've been playing guitar for so long I just couldn't wrap my head around it. If I ever get into another Uke it'll be a Baritone so I can just play my guitar chords. Also, if you want something really portable why not give Harmonica a try. :poke:

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I'm back still wanting to learn guitar. I got pretty good with the uke then stopped playing for almost a year. I was looking into 3/4 sizes and came upon a Wechter 1710. Thoughts?

Welcome back. :wave:

Wechter is a new but pretty well regarded brand. Hard to find them in the stores, at least out here on the West Coast. I haven't played any, but I have read some favorable reviews on other Wechter models.

Why a 3/4 model? There are "full size" guitars that are very small and easier for (certain) women to play, such as parlor and 0/00 body styles.

Why did you quit playing?

• Members

Welcome back.
:wave:

Wechter is a new but pretty well regarded brand. Hard to find them in the stores, at least out here on the West Coast. I haven't played any, but I have read some favorable reviews on other Wechter models.

Why a 3/4 model? There are "full size" guitars that are very small and easier for (certain) women to play, such as parlor and 0/00 body styles.

Why did you quit playing?

I found it online at a couple places, one place $50 cheaper.

I don't know, it's just something that appeal to me more, sizewise. I'm little, 5'2", 110 lbs!

I stopped playing because I lost a personal touch with the ukulele. I had connected with some people and after some drama, I lost interest in the uke. I have a nice one too! I've always loved the sound of a guitar and think if I get into that, I may get back into the uke.

• Members

...I just bought the Wechter online, lol. I couldn't wait!

Can't go wrong with it. Love to see pics when it gets there. From the pics I have seen of other Wechter models, they seem to be very lovely looking guitars.

• Members

I'm back still wanting to learn guitar. I got pretty good with the uke then stopped playing for almost a year. I was looking into 3/4 sizes and came upon a Wechter 1710. Thoughts?

Hi Melissa, Mickey (Pippin) here. I was always intrigued by the Wechter travel guitars. I have never been able to get my hands on one and didn't want to buy online for that reason. I got lucky and found a beautiful Martin D-15 in perfect condition at a local Guitar Center so I grabbed it ($660 w/hard-shell case). I couldn't beat that deal if I tried.

Check out the "Big Baby Taylor" and the "Baby Taylor" guitars. They are really nice for small-bodied guitars. I love their GS Mini... a pint-sized "jumbo" body style guitar with a great full sound.

On another note... we miss you at UU.

Archived