JD's first build

Freeman Keller

• Members

A friends wife called me last December and ask if I would help her buy a guitar kit for her husband for Christmas. I did and he has just finished the build - here is what he said at the Kit Guitar forum

"Long time lurker here who finally completed my first build. It was a Stewmac kit with Rosewood back and sides. It was a ton of fun to build but I could not have done it without my friend Freeman's help along with the wealth of knowledge I have absorbed here. If there are any other lurkers out there wondering if they could really build a guitar yourself well believe me you can. I enjoyed every part of the process and was already thinking what I would do differantly on my next guitar when I was only a couple weeks into the build. Thanks to everyone for keeping a site like this alive. Sorry for the pic quality I need a little practice at that also.

JD"

11.jpg

31.jpg

21.jpg

I haven't heard or played it (yet) but here is what JD said about the sound "small but she has a nice deep voice for a little guitar."

And best of all, when I asked his wife if it was a good present she said she couldn't think of any gift that would give 6 months of pleasure. I think that it is going to be giving for a long time.

Archived