clip onto headstock tuners

nice keetee

• Members

I still use one of these. I've had it for about four years.....dropped it on a hard floor at least 20 times......very few battery changes.......still in perfect shape and going strong. I like the technology behind the Snark, but I've messed with 'em and they DO seem to be a little fragile looking. Controlled obsolescence.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROEcUnZ2wUnkFIEsA4EeJ

• Members

i have maybe 4 different ones. Friend gave me one, but led isn't bright enough to see on sunny afternoon here in Thailand. Snark is very cool, but doesn't fold up into a bomb proof shape for when you throw it in with the other stuff. I have an Ovation VXT with typical Ovation headstock, and it is a tad dicey finding a place to clip it on.

One trick I came up with is to attach it with the readout face behind the headstock, which is also an advantage of the Snark being so adjustable. This puts it in the shade (easier to read) and less likely to get knocked off by accident.

• Members

i have maybe 4 different ones. Friend gave me one, but led isn't bright enough to see on sunny afternoon here in Thailand. Snark is very cool, but doesn't fold up into a bomb proof shape for when you throw it in with the other stuff. I have an Ovation VXT with typical Ovation headstock, and it is a tad dicey finding a place to clip it on.

One trick I came up with is to attach it with the readout face behind the headstock, which is also an advantage of the Snark being so adjustable. This puts it in the shade (easier to read) and less likely to get knocked off by accident.

I always have mine with the readout to the back on my Martin. Just easier to see in general back there, imo.

• Members

It's been mentioned by a few people that tuners are not always accurate - which is true. But it's easy to calibrate them using the concert pitch facility (most clip-ons have this facility - usually a button marked A:440Hz). . . .

My Snark is off by maybe 3 cents on a couple of strings relative to my Wittner GT2. Not enough to worry about IMHO.

Archived