New junk day...sorta..

• Members

Ok so I bought this thing 4 years ago and it's been sitting in my friends garage for that whole time until I went to retrieve it today.

It's a 4 channel powered mixer gizmo. I don't have a specific picture of mine but it looks like this thing except mine has the 4 XLR inputs but only two 1/4" input jacks and 2 sets of phono inputs and is not in a cabinet. It's a rack mountable one. It's 150 watts into 4 ohms or 90 watts into 8 ohms speakers.

IMG00206.jpg

I am thinking of finding a speaker cabinet and building some kind of acoustic guitar amp/PA with it. :idk: Waddya think?

• Members

Make sure it works before you spend any money on it. Other than that, go for it.

With any luck you have a speaker available that you can use to test it. BTW, the manual (http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/manuals/ommm4.pdf) says it's 140 Watts into 4 Ohms and 90 Watts into 8 ohms. You should be able to find a bass cab (which will work nicely for acoustic guitar) on your local Craigslist fairly cheap.

• Members

Make sure it works before you spend any money on it. Other than that, go for it.

Yep it works fine however the controls are a little scratchy from not being used for the last 4 years. I tested all the channels and it's actually quite loud and the RCA phono jacks all work fine.

• Members

Yep it works fine however the controls are a little scratchy from not being used for the last 4 years. I tested all the channels and it's actually quite loud and the RCA phono jacks all work fine.

Spray some contact cleaner into the potentiometer and rapidly turn the knob back and forth...will likely fix the scratchiness.

Archived