It's Harmony Time!

T.B.

• Members

Harmony H150 Studio Special 3/4 Acoustic Guitar Birch Body / Student

Well, I finally snagged me one of those little Harmony's over at evil-eBay; I'll post some pics and clips when she arrives. I had my eye on the H162 3/4 but either I allowed some pretty decent ones get away from me or others were too crappy to bother with.

• Members

Here's a pic of my H-150 (1967) she arrived this evening, very clean, intonation is spot on. It came with some nylon ball strings, they'll have to go. I'll take her to my guitar tech tomorrow and have him polish up the frets, metal (brass?) saddle, and tweak if necessary. I'm throwing some silk & steel strings on this lil' baby. cool.gif

Yeah I know the pictures are BIG, sorry about that. facepalm.gif

IMG_0016a.jpgIMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg

• Members

I thought my guitar tech would hand me my lil' Harmony back before VOMIT, but no go. I'll definitely post a clip, I need to sign up to one those music sites, which one would you all recommended? The free time without the Harmony got me to thinking, how would this guitar sound with a pick-up and a little amp? So, I bought this inexpensive pick-up and a Luna Amp. My little blues box set-up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chordchunker View Post
Looks like my first guitar except it said "Kay" on the headstock.

It is amazing how much better the tone can change by changing out those screwed on adjustable bridges/saddles they used.
Absolute agreement...you lose a lot of "bottom" with those, even on "good" guitars, like Gibsons.

Plus, as a bonus, the solid replacement saddle has plenty of room for intonating each string more accurately. Double win by replacing the screw mechanism.

Gibson_J45_1965©_top.jpg

Archived