Zombie threads... (a rant)

panhandler

• Members

I think re-upping these old dead posts waste our time.  They are getting easier to spot, but still it's a waste of our time to visit the topic only to find it re-upped my some moderator/bot with nothing else better to do.

I have been with this board quite a few years now. Mine eyes have seen much crap in that time!   I've floated in and out a few times, but I always come back.  I respect what the mgmt here is trying to do by cleaning it up, and I applaud them for that.

BUT...

disrespecting us by wasting out time, and not adding anything of value to the discussion may just be where I get off the bus for good!

This practice offers no guidence to new people, and certainly no benefit to the old salts.

Can we please try to operate in the REAL world, with REAL questions and comments by REAL people?

Arrrrrrrgh!!!  Rant over (maybe)

• Members

kwakatak wrote:

Okay. I stick around for the newbs anyway.

That would be a goal of mine as well.  But how do you tell a Noob from an imaginary made up person?

And aren't they breaking their own rules by have alt personalities?  ain't the rules one per customer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I did a bit of complaining about the zombie threads over in the feedback forum. You might find this post from there interesting freak.gif

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

FWIW, I checked each post in each one of those accounts. Many of the posts were indeed in response to "old" threads, but none of them were off-topic. I went further though, and checked the IP addresses of each one. All (with the exception of one, who traced to China) are from legit US or European ISP's, and none of them are proxies. None of them are alt monikers. A few of them have a nice big Zombie image posted as a reply from... you.
:smileyhappy:

I've noticed that we've had an increase in old threads getting replied to lately, but that's not unheard of. It happens occasionally. As far as why we've seen an increase lately, I really don't have an answer for you.

Archived