Why are Agiles so great?

joecool1963

• Members

Originally posted by Kevman

I don't think anyone thinks that they are made by magic elves.

But your argument is the same as mine. They make a good guitar for the money. As good a guitar as you'd pay more for elsewhere. You said it yourself. That is why they are popular.

Exactly. Bump the prices up 30-50% and no one's talking about them.

I was just annoyed at it being thrown out as the reason so carelessly. That IS the reason.

//S

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the last 3 guitars i have bought have been Agiles. The one before that was an SX and I don't see any reason to go elsewhere. As soon as I sel the Agile PS-900(see sig) I will be buying another Agile AL2500.

Great guitar for the money

• Members
Originally posted by JimboJ

Because you get Gibson quality for a fraction of the cost.
:D

That is funny. Agile is a nice guitar for a beginner, when they grow up and their nuts drop they can buy a real guitar.:)

• Members

Originally posted by guitarplayer

KWSHER, could you weigh your Agile for me????? I love mine but it weighs 11 pounds and kills my back. That rootbeer looks fabulous. Now I'm gassing for it but not at 11 pounds! Please post it's weight. Thanks.

It's weighing in at a comparatively fly-weight 9.5 lbs... it sure is scrappy though for a little guy.

• Members

I'm considering getting an AL2900 someday.

Only if the prototype untra-limited MAYBE one-of-a-kind signature guitar at my local shop sells before I can get it.
Has the same pickups as the AB3500 had(sans the passive middle one) and sounds GREAT.
Same factory, lower price, FAR lighter weight(this thing is thicker than any LPish guitar I;ve ever seen that was SOLID), not nearly as cool looking(I don't mind the GUIANT logo on it. NO ONE will recognise it).

• Members

I don't currently own one, but I will as soon as I buy the neccesities:

new Roof
new car
swing set for my daughter
new windows
new patio
new lawn mower (threw my old one out last year)
etc.

So, in about 3 years.

Dammit!:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by misterhinkydink

This could be a super-thread if you can somehow get Ed Roman into it.

I agree! I'm sure Ed would say they're {censored} (because he doesn't sell them).

Say, when is someone going to do an honest side-by-side comparison between a new Gibson LP Standard and an Agile 2500 and then record the results so we call all hear for ourselves? I think that would go a long way toward eliminating some of these nonsensical threads.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

Just a good quality guitar cheap without all the hype and bull{censored}.

+1 to this. it's a good guitar, not great, not excellent, but good. is it the same as a Gibson? maybe the {censored}ty ones, but there's no substitute for a really nice Les Paul. the price is the major selling point.

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Twang

I agree! I'm sure Ed would say they're {censored} (because he doesn't sell them).

Say, when is someone going to do an honest side-by-side comparison between a new Gibson LP Standard and an Agile 2500 and then record the results so we call all hear for ourselves? I think that would go a long way toward eliminating some of these nonsensical threads.

It's not nonsensical to those who are unfamiliar, eh?:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by joecool1963

It's not nonsensical to those who are unfamiliar, eh?
:mad:

It's only nonsensical because there's been a new Agile vs. Gibson thread here every other day for about two years now.

I'm sure if you use the search function you can find all the info you'd like.

Archived