Why are Agiles so great?

joecool1963

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got a sunburst 2500 this week and have an 86 Les Paul Standard. The Agile feels real close neck wise, but the Les Paul has the better wood/electronics etc. The Agile is a great value for $200. I couldn't find a better guitar for $200(often, I found worse!) but it's not Gibson build quality. That's just silly to make that statement!:)

• Members
Originally posted by Steve Drojo

I just got a sunburst 2500 this week and have an 86 Les Paul Standard. The Agile feels real close neck wise, but the Les Paul has the better wood/electronics etc. The Agile is a great value for $200. I couldn't find a better guitar for $200(often, I found worse!) but it's not Gibson build quality. That's just silly to make that statement!
:)

But is pot clouding your judgement? :D

• Members
Originally posted by jsb357

Between Rondo music, Ebay, and the local pawn shop...

225 guitar... rondo

200 amp... Ebay

20 pedal... pawn shop

60 retube from Eurotubes

for about $500, I've got a decent setup...

and for my unique combination of limited practice time and

minimal talent, this setup will last me a lifetime...

:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/jsb357/music/agile_setup.jpg

Holy balls! How in the hell did you get the Classic 30 for $200!?!

• Members

Say, when is someone going to do an honest side-by-side comparison between a new Gibson LP Standard and an Agile 2500 and then record the results so we call all hear for ourselves? I think that would go a long way toward eliminating some of these nonsensical threads

It's been done a few times. The guitars sound pretty much the same....or close enough that it's hard to say which is "better" and then the arguments start about how the variability between amps and recording processes make the experiment pointless. Arguments also go on about how the build quality and playability issues aren't addressed...blah blah blah...

Personally I would only buy a banged up and used Les Paul if anything at all because of the depreciation hit and the hassle of having to baby your guitar so much gigging. The sound and playabilty of Agiles is fine for me.

• Members

the only thing that confuses me about agile/rondo is the newer 2000's?
they are $40 less BUT you lose the grovers, the body is 3 piece and the maple top is B grade instead of A on the 2500, the rosewood is standard and not indian rosewood,
you lose the GHS brand name strings in place of MIK strings?
http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html
the grovers alone are worth the xtra $40!
so why would anyone want to save $40 and lose those better features:confused:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/src=SearchDex/search/detail/base_pid/361000

• Members

Originally posted by mad axe man

they are $40 less BUT you lose the grovers, the body is 3 piece and the maple top is B grade instead of A on the 2500, the rosewood is standard and not indian rosewood,

The first batch of AL2000 have the same hardware and tuners as the 2500....SHHHH and I always change the strings anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by mad axe man

I've been told the Grovers on the import guitars are import Grovers, not the ones on MF.

Archived