My Agile 2500 Floyd Rose vs. My 1982 Gibson LP Custom

Bbreaker

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Bbreaker

OK cost........Agile 2500 w/lic. Floyd Rose..... $279.00 + tax

1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom..... (I traded a Gretsch Country Club that I paid $150.00 for this) so....$150.00.

Edge........1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Sound........the Agile sounds good. I'm having a blast with that trem.

1982 LP Custom..........I dunno....it has this acoustic like resonance that the Agile doesn't have. Must be some wires or some mojo;)

Edge.....uhhh...........The GIBSON:D

Satisfaction %......

I love playing guitar. The Floyd on an LP style guitar really sold me...........but, that Gibson is one sweet ass tone smoothie.

I'd reach for the '82 LP Custom every time over the Agile 2500.

The 2500 Floyd was worth every bit of that $279.00 + tax.

I just ordered a 2500 in black and i really dont expect it to take on my LP custom.

But i will be very happy if it at least is a very good guitar for the bucks:)

i have heard many great things about these agiles and finally gave in to temptation to try one:D

• Members

Originally posted by rlee111

The idea of comparing a $300 copy with an LP custom and then coming to the conclusion The Gibson is better (oh really)

Um, rlee, it was a joke. Or another grain of sand on the vast beach of Real Truth that loge is currently combing for us.

//S

• Members

Does that mean you survived then?

No, my departing soul typed that before it drifted off to a better place. I am TheDarxide's reincanation. In this life, I am a $300 replica of my former self, but I have a similar acoustic resonance and some mojo to make up for it....

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide

No, my departing soul typed that before it drifted off to a better place. I am TheDarxide's reincanation. In this life, I am a $300 replica of my former self, but I have a similar acoustic resonance and some mojo to make up for it....

246364.jpg

that is totally bogus dude!
:D

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Um, rlee, it was a joke. Or another grain of sand on the vast beach of Real Truth that loge is currently combing for us.

//S

Oh I see people in here do have a sense of humour.

I think I missed that, sorry BBreaker I was just breaking your balls!!

• Members
Originally posted by mad axe man

I really hope one day that the $300 guitars are as great as a $3000 gibson

but i just dont ever see that happening:(

Yeah...it'd be nice....but I'll betcha anything that when they get there.....they'll be $3k too. Somethin is worth what you can get for it...:)

• Members
Originally posted by geddins81

Yeah...it'd be nice....but I'll betcha anything that when they get there.....they'll be $3k too. Somethin is worth what you can get for it...
:)

There's a lot of truth to that, but the labor costs here vs. in eastern Asia do account for a significant difference in price, don'tcha think?

//S

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

There's a lot of truth to that, but the labor costs here vs. in eastern Asia do account for a significant difference in price, don'tcha think?

//S

Labor Costs, including Pension Plans, Insurance Programs, Paid Vacations, etc....

Don't have it handy, but a friend of mine that works for Ford once gave me a breakdown of actual component costs to manufacture a Mustang, and labor costs for each unit including the above benefits.

The figures were amazing...

• Members

Originally posted by GuitarPorter

On the Agile with floyd , I always wanted one also but

for my price it would be an EPI with a floyd or an older MIJ LP with a floyd but now the Agile is around .

What is the neck girth and would would you do presented with an Epi vs AGile with floyd?

I think Agile describes the neck as a 50's style.......I think it's more like an early 90's Gibson Les Paul Studio.

I've never played an Epi LP with a Floyd but at $279.00 + tax, the 2500 Floyd was hard to turn down.

• Members

not judging just an opinion, maybe expressed a bit harshly but hey sometimes people just wind other people up, and buying an agile just to compare with a gibson (eventually) smaks of just another agile bash (disguised)

Their obviously is no comparison ffs a "Gibson 1982 LP Custom"

I bought the Agile 2500 Floyd because I've always wanted an LP with a Floyd Rose trem. The curiousity was there too.

I'll tell you one thing. $275.00 is a lot of money with only a comparison in mind. I won't spend that kind of money just to do a comparison.

• Members
Originally posted by sandfly

The
3rd
one from the left is the only good one of the bunch .
:D
. Do you have that lefty stung to play right hand or do you play it with the stings upside down ?

It's a 1997 Fender jimi Hendrix Strat.
Lefty strung righty...........

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Krashpad

Sorry but this analysis is a smidge too facile, and reaches the wrong conclusion.

You're comparing 2005 dollars to pre-1982 (whenever you bought the Gretsch) dollars.

When inflation is taken into account:

Edge: Agile.

BK

I bought the Gretsch in the early 80's for $150.00

• Members

I bought the Agile 2500 Floyd because I've always wanted an LP with a Floyd Rose trem. The curiousity was there too.

I'll tell you one thing. $275.00 is a lot of money with only a comparison in mind. I won't spend that kind of money just to do a comparison.

I agree. Buy 'em because you want them, not to impress people you'll never meet on the internet. :)

//S

• Members

I bought the Gretsch in the early 80's for $150.00

I'd wager that $150 in 1980-82 dollars is equal to or more than $300 today.

Even without compounding annually, a 5% annual inflation in the first year yields a $7.50 increase per year, over a span of over 20 years. At 20 years even, times $7.50 increase per year, you've got your second $150.

Advantage Agile.

BK

• Members

OK cost........Agile 2500 w/lic. Floyd Rose..... $279.00 + tax

1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom..... (I traded a Gretsch Country Club that I paid $150.00 for this) so....$150.00.

Edge........1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Sound........the Agile sounds good. I'm having a blast with that trem.

1982 LP Custom..........I dunno....it has this acoustic like resonance that the Agile doesn't have. Must be some wires or some mojo;)

Edge.....uhhh...........The GIBSON:D

Satisfaction %......

I love playing guitar. The Floyd on an LP style guitar really sold me...........but, that Gibson is one sweet ass tone smoothie.

I'd reach for the '82 LP Custom every time over the Agile 2500.

The 2500 Floyd was worth every bit of that $279.00 + tax.

I had a 77 LP Custom routered for a Floyd Rose back in the 80s ....... Man, I wished I knew beforehand how bad it would kill the tone on that guitar :(

Damn you Eddie Van Halen :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

It's a 1997 Fender jimi Hendrix Strat.

Lefty strung righty...........

That's cool . :cool: . I have G.A.S. real bad right now for a white Jap '68 reissue with the big head stock like that . And looking at your guitar isn't helping . :eek: . I am trying to wait till the next financial quarter to buy it so I can buy it for less money . ;)

Archived