My Agile 2500 Floyd Rose vs. My 1982 Gibson LP Custom

Bbreaker

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by 69lespaul

That loge guy what a fag. I put him on my ignore list just to stop getting the notifications of his bull{censored} on my email.

Even though he probably is wearing Mr. Spock ears and belongs in the Chemistry Club, loge wants to be so cerebral.

oy vey:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Bbreaker

1982 LP Custom..........I dunno....it has this acoustic like resonance that the Agile doesn't have. Must be some wires or some mojo;)

you can call it mojo, I call it the lack of a tone-sucker, aka floyd rose ;)

• Members

On the Agile with floyd , I always wanted one also but

for my price it would be an EPI with a floyd or an older MIJ LP with a floyd but now the Agile is around .

What is the neck girth and would would you do presented with an Epi vs AGile with floyd?

• Members

not judging just an opinion, maybe expressed a bit harshly but hey sometimes people just wind other people up, and buying an agile just to compare with a gibson (eventually) smaks of just another agile bash (disguised)

Their obviously is no comparison ffs a "Gibson 1982 LP Custom"

• Members

OK cost........Agile 2500 w/lic. Floyd Rose..... $279.00 + tax

1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom..... (I traded a Gretsch Country Club that I paid $150.00 for this) so....$150.00.

Edge........1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Sorry but this analysis is a smidge too facile, and reaches the wrong conclusion.

You're comparing 2005 dollars to pre-1982 (whenever you bought the Gretsch) dollars.

When inflation is taken into account:

Edge: Agile.

BK

• Members

that's a lot of venom rlee.

I bought the Agile 2500 Floyd because I want a Gibson LP with a Floyd but I won't carve up one of mine and I really don't want to pay through the nose to have Gibson make me one. The Agile was inexpensive enough. The Agile 2500 P 90 was purchased from the "issue wall" from Rondo's. I think it's a demo guitar or something that was on the floor for a while and I got it for a good price. I was curious and attracted to the Floyd Agile....the other...well, I like P 90's.

And , {censored} no, I'm not insecure.

happy now?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, that was simply a wise purchase considering they're all gone now. I to found that guitar tempting priced as it was and the Gibby Neal Schon going for $7K! :eek:

I really dig my LP Classic but it had everything I wanted at a price I was OK with. I won't pay $7K for the NS but I might jump on one of the Floyd Agile LPs if Kurt gets more....

• Members

OK cost........Agile 2500 w/lic. Floyd Rose..... $279.00 + tax

1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom..... (I traded a Gretsch Country Club that I paid $150.00 for this) so....$150.00.

Edge........1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Sound........the Agile sounds good. I'm having a blast with that trem.

1982 LP Custom..........I dunno....it has this acoustic like resonance that the Agile doesn't have. Must be some wires or some mojo;)

Edge.....uhhh...........The GIBSON:D

Satisfaction %......

I love playing guitar. The Floyd on an LP style guitar really sold me...........but, that Gibson is one sweet ass tone smoothie.

I'd reach for the '82 LP Custom every time over the Agile 2500.

The 2500 Floyd was worth every bit of that $279.00 + tax.

That's a decent review, but nowhere near the Real Truth. Did you weigh them? Use a ruler? A centrifuge?

C'mon now! :rolleyes:

Let's get some Real Truth on this board! ;)

//S

• Members

How does it stay in tune?

I wonder of you can OFR those...

THAT would be cool.

Gold Floyd and o he actives that athey had in the AB3500(I love those pickups, though I'm neutral on the instrument, thus my scrounging for someone to sell the pickups and not getting the insturment).

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what exactly don't you buy for one minute?

The idea of comparing a $300 copy with an LP custom and then coming to the conclusion The Gibson is better (oh really)

Archived