Your user name. How did you choose it?

Jkater

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Prages

Mine's pretty boring.

Six or seven years ago, my wife (then girlfriend) was a whitewater guide on the New River. Everyone had to label their equipment so it didn't get ripped off. Her initials are PR and mine are GES. So,
PR
A
nd
GES
is what she wrote on her gear. The initials stuck and I've been using it on message boards ever since. She goes by Mrs. Prages, which causes confusion when me actually meet people we've met online, because they think our last name is Prages. It's actually Smith.
:D

yeah...your right, that was pretty boring :D:p

• Members

Mine's pretty boring.

Six or seven years ago, my wife (then girlfriend) was a whitewater guide on the New River. Everyone had to label their equipment so it didn't get ripped off. Her initials are PR and mine are GES. So,
PR
A
nd
GES
is what she wrote on her gear. The initials stuck and I've been using it on message boards ever since. She goes by Mrs. Prages, which causes confusion when me actually meet people we've met online, because they think our last name is Prages. It's actually Smith.

Does this mean you are GE Smith??:eek:

Just kidding ;)

• Members

I'm a television director for a living, and a martial artist and competitive marathon runner for fun. These days I don't get as much time in the dojo, I show up sporadically and try to help teach one class/week, and then stick around to attend a class with other blackbelts. I've actually put more work into marathoning this year, having completed the Boston Marathon in April and now training for another one somewhere in the fall.

But somewhere along the way I started going by Blackbelt on other boards and it's been easy to remember. I also get called BB for short on many boards, but H-C already had a member known as 'Blackbelt' when I joined so I got the dreaded "1" assigned to my nick.

~Blackbelt

• Members

Originally posted by Blackbelt1

I'm a television director for a living, and a martial artist and competitive marathon runner for fun. These days I don't get as much time in the dojo, I show up sporadically and try to help teach one class/week, and then stick around to attend a class with other blackbelts. I've actually put more work into marathoning this year, having completed the Boston Marathon in April and now training for another one somewhere in the fall.

But somewhere along the way I started going by Blackbelt on other boards and it's been easy to remember. I also get called BB for short on many boards, but H-C already had a member known as 'Blackbelt' when I joined so I got the dreaded "1" assigned to my nick.

~Blackbelt

Note to self:

Be really, really nice to blackbelt1.

• Members

Mine's pretty boring.

PR
A
nd
GES

Wait a minute....So, you're name is "G.E. Smith"??????? :eek:

Nevermind...[note to self: "read earlier posts before jumping the gun."

Archived