GnR News: Chinese Democracy out in 2006

pos69sum

• Members

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/21999

just thought you'd like to know...

Guns N' Roses album to see light of day

Axl Rose promises music this year

Guns n' Roses' long-awaited album 'Chinese Democracy' is nearing completion, according to singer Axl Rose.

The reclusive frontman has broken his silence on the band's LP - their first original material since 1991's 'Use Your Illusion' albums.

"People will hear music this year," he said. "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.' But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Speaking about the progress of 'Chinese Democracy' to Rolling Stone, Rose explained: "We're working on 32 songs, and 26 are nearly done."

Of those tracks, 13 are slated for the final album, with Rose picking out 'Better', 'There Was A Time' and 'The Blues' as personal favourites.

However, Rose has revealed that a reunion with his original Guns n' Roses bandmates is unlikely, saying: ""I haven't spoken to (guitarist) Slash in ten years. I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy (Stradlin - guitarist) the other day though."

The current line-up of the band could be hitting the road in the near future.

"Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumoured to be on there," he said. "But we'll see what happens."

• Members

Don't count on it happening this year. Axl mearly said "you will hear music this year." That sentence leaves a lot for speculation. It could mearly mean a single for a movie soundtrack or a full-on album. I doubt he means an album since he also says they are working on 32 songs with "26 nearly finished." I'll put my money on a 2007/2008 release rather then a 2006 release.

• Members

screw the naysayers!!!

just kidding guys, i respect your thoughts

but i dont think GnR is over-rated. appetite (IMO) was one of the best debut albums in a long, long time. and i do like alot of the use your illusions - some damn good songwriting took place back when they ruled the world.

and i noticed some of the songs that axl got credit for writing were some of my favorite. not to take anything away from the band (id kill to jam with duff & izzy myself) but those songs that i liked written by axl i liked the feel of, it wasnt just the perfeclt crunchy guitars and duffs thundering basslines....it was the songs.

so i for one would like to hear it

• Members

AFD was great, but UYI should have been 1 disc - there was a {censored}load of filler on both of them.

As for CD, I'll believe it when I see it though Axl does seem to be making more public appearances these days.

The dude has had WAYYYY too much cosmetic surgery. :freak:

• Members

I just read an article in my Sound On Sound magazine talking to the producer that used to work with GNR and was working on Chinese Democracy and int he article it says the project has been pulled and, just before it got axed had racked up a loss of

• Members

Considering how much Guns 'n Roses has made the record industry, do you think 13m is a lot? It's {censored} all!

But still though, Axl looks like he should be applying to get At The Gates together! hahahaha.

Chinese Democracy: stupid {censored}ing title, stupid amount of money, stupid amount of time... and we're only guaranteed to like a few songs on there... gimme a break

If it ever does come out, as well as being the most expensive, costly and hyped album in HISTORY, its also going to be the most COPIED album in history hahahaha. Come on, will anyone seriously buy a copy?

• Members

Originally posted by Trader

Doesn't Rose say this every year for the past 9 years? I'll believe it, when I see it and I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Is that the interview with Roy Thomas Baker? If it isn't too much of a hassle, can you post the part of the article where he discusses his work on the Chinese Democracy album?

• Members
Originally posted by Kelly

GnR is the most overrated band in history. They released one good album, a few sucky ones, and then supposedly have one in the can for 10 years. Even if it ever gets released, chances are it'll suck, too.

the one that is in the can for 10 years is not the GNR of the 80`s

GnR is the most overrated band in history
:eek:

being around at zepplins high point and gnrs
i thought they were on led zeps level if not higher.

Archived