Best recorded Rock album this past year?

• Members

+1 for RobotHive/Exodus from Clutch. Great Band.

Scissorfight's Jaggernaut is a good '06 record too, though I'm getting off topic a bit, because the production is nothing to write home about. But the band rocks. Worth mentioning for all the folks who keep mentioning that there's no good rock coming out these days.

Ooh I almost forgot - Danko Jones' "Sleep is the Enemy" sounds fantastic. If you've not heard them, they have kind of an AC/DC vibe. Good stuff. (Technically, it came out Dec 19, 2005, but close enough.)

Also, add me to the "10,000 Days" hater list. Music doesn't get more pretentious (in my opinion of course). I don't get it.

• Members

i didnt like the quality of the new rhcp cd. with their kind of fame and money, youd think they could get the best sound in the world. i know local bands that have a better quality sounding cd. just something about the eq for the rhcp cd that really bugs me.

+1 for the new roots cd.

I don't know if it's related to what you are hearing but that album is one release that seems to come up in reference to all the hypercompression going on in mastering these days.

Archived