My Digi 003 Review

• Members

It's got a clear 50% enhancement in numeric value. One can argue all day long about the correlation between that and issues like quality of sound, ease of use, and so on, but one certainly cannot argue that its model number is not incrementally enhanced.

A quantum improvement. As it were...

• Members

This same message was posted in the Digi forum under a different name. ;-)

It will be interesting to see an actual report on the 003r at some point to see if improvements were made in key areas or if it will still require modding. I wish digi would allow us to use 3rd party outboard gear like most other apps do instead of forcing the purchase of an expensive and limited dongle.

The software for the le series has a longgggggg way to go as well. 64 bit anyone? How about unlimited tracks like the competition. Many other features are lacking too. Fallllllling behind.

• Members

This same message was posted in the Digi forum under a different name. ;-)

It will be interesting to see an actual report on the 003r at some point to see if improvements were made in key areas or if it will still require modding. I wish digi would allow us to use 3rd party outboard gear like most other apps do instead of forcing the purchase of an expensive and limited dongle.

The software for the le series has a longgggggg way to go as well. 64 bit anyone? How about unlimited tracks like the competition. Many other features are lacking too. Fallllllling behind.

Diff name? Guess you missed my sig......don't mean to "bug" you......seriously, this is why I love this forum. You go over to Digi, throw some humor around, and all the anal types get in a huff. I guess because they live LE reality with TDM dreams....must be brutal.

The only thing I can tell you is that the 003 is very close to the 002 BLA mod (judging from the site clips and others), which seems appropo....and I don't have that new-fangled testin' equipment stuff, just my old hearing impaired cauliflowers....but the 003R is....good!

The Cirrus Logic converters are....good....the old AKM converters were.....bad.

I read somewhere where the specs are exactly the same as the Rosetta 800, that's......good

• Members

Bigger, yet still compatible?
:confused:
You lost me.

no, more like infants first use duplo blocks, then move up to legos (the real thing) as they grow older and wiser.

legos are not limited by things like lack of plugin delay compensation and fixed track count, or fixed arbitrary hardware decisions. duplo however is.

but duplo is trying. they have at least added word clock bnc, which legos have had since day one. just think, at this rate duplo may be in twenty years where legos are now. astonishing!

Archived