Ebay fraudster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Who are you talking about?

The guy who got cancelled is the one with 39 sales that is selling the fakes for $29 plus 185 British Pounds for shipping. The guy with the fraud post who said it is a real Gibson is still there..............go figure

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

The guy who got cancelled is the one with 39 sales that is selling the fakes for $29 plus 185 British Pounds for shipping. The guy with the fraud post is still there..............go figure

His auctions are all gone though.

• Members

But Gibson themselves have to do that....NOT YOU, and not Ebay.

I didn't do anything in this case, however, It is indeed within the power that Ebay grants its users to report what they think are improper auctions. That's what happened in this case I guess.

Why don't you read this. It explains Ebay's policy pretty well: http://pages.ebay.in/help/confidence/listing-ended.html#1

• Members

His auctions are all gone though.

They ran out of time? OK. But you see what I mean about the other guy who I said was OK. He can repost with propper shipping and still sell those guitars, ebay only wants their share..........they don't care about anything else.

• Members

They ran out of time? OK. But you see what I mean about the other guy who I said was OK. He can repost with propper shipping and still sell those guitars, ebay only wants their share..........they don't care about anything else.

No, they didn't run out, they got taken off.

Example:

"This listing (#7408305266) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. "

And I don't have ANY respect for the Chinese fakers with their misleading titles and false information.

• Members

No, they didn't run out, they got taken off.

Example:

"This listing (#7408305266) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. "

And I don't have ANY respect for the Chinese fakers with their misleading titles and false information.

That one was already sold.....I saw it. And the guy I am talking about didn't give any false information at all. He willl be back as soon as he changes his shipping charges.

• Members

That one was already sold.....I saw it. And the guy I am talking about didn't give any false information at all. He willl be back as soon as he changes his shipping charges.

If it was sold, the listing would still be there. :rolleyes:

If he didn't give any false information and wasn't selling counterfeit, there's nothing to fear.

• Members

ebay only wants their share..........they don't care about anything else.

They do care about listings of counterfeit goods. eBay has been sued over auctions of counterfeit items before, so they have good reason to deal with these auctions.

Stating that an item is counterfeit does not make it legal. It is still a counterfeit, and illegal to sell.

Replicas are also a violation of eBay's listing rules.

• Members

That whole 'guitar for $10 and $200 shipping' thing isn't just to defraud customs-it cheats E-Bay out of commission and prevents a burned buyer recouping his purchase $$$ through a PayPal action-PayPal doesn't get involved in disputes
So they're trying to cheat EVERYBODY, here....

Larry

• Members

Originally posted by larryguitar

That whole 'guitar for $10 and $200 shipping' thing isn't just to defraud customs-it cheats E-Bay out of commission and prevents a burned buyer recouping his purchase $$$ through a PayPal action-PayPal doesn't get involved in disputes

So they're trying to cheat EVERYBODY, here....

Larry

No, they are NOT trying to cheat everybody. Please go and read the posts about the shipping charges and DUTY TAXES IN CHINA. They are saving the buyer a lot of money, AND they are saving themselves the Ebay commission so they can sell the guitar for as cheaply as possible and still make money. I have filed disputes at PayPal for lesss than $25 too.

• Members

Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel

They do care about listings of counterfeit goods. eBay has been sued over auctions of counterfeit items before, so they have good reason to deal with these auctions.

Stating that an item is counterfeit
does not
make it legal. It is still a counterfeit, and illegal to sell.

Replicas are also a violation of eBay's listing rules.

You're just not going to read all the posts nor are you listening, so {censored} it man. I just told you that Ebay emailed me in response to several emails I sent to them. So ONE MORE TIME.......................Ebay said that he can relist the auctions EXACTLY as they are after he changes the shipping charges to reflect propper shipping plus an acceptable handling fee. The rest has to go BACK into the price of the guitar itself so Ebay can make THEIR profit too. Do you understand now?? They are letting him relist the same way it read before, they just want their cut..........good grief...........

• Members

If it was sold, the listing would still be there.
:rolleyes:

If he didn't give any false information and wasn't selling counterfeit, there's nothing to fear.

No man, I saw where it said SOLD and it had the name of the winner..........that's why I came here and told ya he was still there. They must have taken out the listing after I came back here........I saw it.

• Members

If you really want a fake guitar, build your own. Buy a legit cheap $150 MIC clone and a decal and do it, I don't care.

Those decals used to be hard to get real ones. I have the actual Gibson Factory negative with the original 50's decals. I got it from an ex employee from Gibson, and it is the best buy I made that year. I sold a hundred or so decals last year to luthiers who do restoration work on Gibsons, I wish I saved some more for myself......LOL. I got $25 each for them. Here is a shot or two of the negative, I got it for a steal. As soon as I can get more printed up I will be selling them again, they are perfect too. Hey, I have an idea.........one of you guys do the headstocks, and I will do the decals, and we will have "Made in America" replicas..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

GIBSON_NEGATIVE-B.jpg

GIBSON_LES_PAUL-CL.jpg

GIBSON_DECAL-CL.jpg

GIBSON_NEGATIVE.jpg

• Members

No, they are NOT trying to cheat everybody. Please go and read the posts about the shipping charges and DUTY TAXES IN CHINA. They are saving the buyer a lot of money, AND they are saving themselves the Ebay commission so they can sell the guitar for as cheaply as possible and still make money. I have filed disputes at PayPal for lesss than $25 too.

Well, your version of 'saving themselves money' and cheating someone are the same thing, there, big guy.

SO THEY are CHEATING E-bay. And CHEATING customs. Avoiding a policy or law with deceptive pricing is CHEATING.

Look it up.

Larry

• Members

Originally posted by larryguitar

Well, your version of 'saving themselves money' and cheating someone are the same thing, there, big guy.

SO THEY are CHEATING E-bay. And CHEATING customs. Avoiding a policy or law with deceptive pricing is CHEATING.

Look it up.

Larry

Yes, I know, I do it all the time with gems from Thailand. But NOW the ones being cheated are the buyers.............At least we were on the better end of it all. Ebay are crooks too, and if you ever sold a bunch of items there and tried to get their so-called protection from theft, you would know what I mean.......They are ALL about the money too.

• Members

Yes, I know, I do it all the time with gems from Thailand. But NOW the ones being cheated are the buyers.............At least we wereon the better end of it all.

I wouldn't call it being cheated. I'd call it paying the actual market value for the item, and the duties required by law at a fair market valuation.

The buyers were skirting the law as much as the sellers. What makes you think that was ok?... You scofflaw! ;)

• Members

Go try to pass a counterfeit $100 bill at a bank and see if telling them it's counterfeit keeps you out of jail.

if i tried to pass the bill in question, then i would not be telling them up front that it was fake.. you are not reading it properly... telling them after the fact is another situation. telling a person upfront, by definition negates the act of counterfeiting

thanks for playing

• Members

No it does not. Counterfeiting is the act of making the counterfeit item. How you represent it is irrelevant.

People still want to buy them, and it's not your business to stop them from doing so, it just makes you a snitch. Do you remember when someone snitched in school? The teacher and the students disliked him for being a snitch as much as they did the person he told on....LOL. No body likes a snitch....period.

The guy who sells them as real Gibsons is a totally different matter, I reported him myself because he is trying to ripp off the public, unlike the other guys.

There are still a lot of the Gibson headstock replicas being sold on Ebay, I just saw them, and I wish them well. As soon as I get the money, I am going to buy the white one, it looks good and is perfect for slide guitar, even if I have to put a set of my Duncans in it.......so leave these guys alone.

• Members

People still want to buy them, and it's not your business to stop them from doing so

It's everybody's business to stop them. I don't see why anyone who has spent good money on a real Gibson should have to sit by and watch their investment devalued by a bunch of cheap rip-offs.

{censored} them. They're crooks. Take your "snitch" {censored} and shove it.

Archived