Ebay fraudster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have read all the post--kind of hard to get thru with all your banter
its you that seems to be ok with what the seller is trying to get away with- but your are rightin that it cannot be proven.
Unfortunately not everyone is up to snuff on ebay scams - the originally poster was just pointing out a scammer for the rest of the forum- and your defending the scammer on the premise that you used to sell jewelry on ebay.

• Members

Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

I wonder how much that guy makes yearly from eBay.

This is a completely different guy who doesn't know how to post the auction correctly. He will just get a warning, that's it. But the buyer now will have the option of cancelling the bids.

There is a protocol for posting auctions correctly, and that wasn't it.....LOL. He will know better next time.

• Members
Originally posted by patrick_fox

good work there Arkay!

and just think, I was gonna buy that POS!

sheeesh!
:thu:;)

You can't tell it is not a Gibson??? Are you kidding? Oh well, he is still in the wrong for posting it incorrectly...heh heh. The price is still about right though for a copy guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by dboy420

I have read all the post--kind of hard to get thru with all your banter

its you that seems to be ok with what the seller is trying to get away with- but your are rightin that it cannot be proven.

Unfortunately not everyone is up to snuff on ebay scams - the originally poster was just pointing out a scammer for the rest of the forum- and your defending the scammer on the premise that you used to sell jewelry on ebay.

That's just it,the original poster DIDN'T expose a scammer at all, that guy is perfectly within his rights. But this guy did it all wrong. Oh yeah, one more thing,did you know that the buyer is just as responsible as the seller when it is posted as a replica and has that Gibson headstock as far as Gibson is concerned??

You are blaming only HALF of the auction. If you buy a real Gibson that is stolen and you KNOW it, you are just as at fault, same thing for a replica....you are also responsible for the sale transacting if you buy it.........LOL. But buying a replica is not against the law as long as you know it is a replica.

I don't want to hear about the poor victims, there are no victims in these auctions where the item is posted properly and clearly says REPLICA or COPY. It is perfectly legal, so lets not get into that all over again...............like someone else said, "Gibson doesn't need your help on this".

I am defending the seller because he did it the correct way, and there are a BUNCH of cheap people who would love to have one of those guitars that can't afford a real Gibson and he is merely providing that service to them.

• Members

Originally posted by Bmajor

Give up SKY. Some folks either don't get it or believe what they wanna believe.

You're right, I am just bored now with all the non-listening folks. I just can't stand it when they don't read all the important info in the previous posts and never seem to listen.....LOL....

ANYWAY...............for those who want a Gibson logo and KNOW it's a Replica, you know where to get the good ones and the bad ones..........good luck, and let us know when you get it......thanks, Ricco

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

Can you prove that? And if so........lets see your proof. Until then, he is not doing anything wrong. Also if he DID make a few bogus feedbacks, it still doesn't mean that the guitars are bad.........it means he has bad business ethics and should not do that. I will PERSONALLY go to him and recommend that he stop using them if what you say is true and you can PROVE IT. I have a way of making people "see the light" at Ebay and I have personally put some people selling jewelry out of business that were doing the wrong thing and commiting fraud, so let's see your proof.

Give me the item number where he was trying to sell a Squire as a Strat, I want to see it. Ebay will simply make him relist and change the description if he did.

It appears Ebay thought little enough of his auctions and feedbacks that they've delisted everything he had for sale... How's that fit with your view that what he was doing was OK?

• Members

Originally posted by Blakeley311

its only counterfeit IF he claims its original, which he doesn't.

in other words, he has to intend fraud. by staing out right that its a tokai with a gibson logo, thats not counterfeit bc he makes you aware of it

Gibson owns that logo. It's their trademark. It's not ok to put it on something and then try to sell it. If you use pictures in your auctions then the pictures are as good as "saying" that it is something or not something. They "speak" for themselves.

If you were to sell that guitar you made with the Les Paul logo on it, Gibson would have every right to stop you from using their trademark on your guitar.

It is counterfeit, and it's trademark infringement. You are simply wrong about it being OK to rebadge with an infringing logo and just say "oh, well, it's a fake I made."

• Members

Originally posted by jdjonsson

It appears Ebay thought little enough of his auctions and feedbacks that they've delisted everything he had for sale... How's that fit with your view that what he was doing was OK?

He is relisting.....yup, I just went and checked my email. Ebay is making him relist the guitars. The others are still there by everybody else selling them. He'll be back in a little while.

He has to give a better description of the guitars they said.

YOU ASSHOLES..........................I just got an update when I emailed Ebay again.................you know what they said?? He can relist it EXACTLY the way it was EXCEPT he has to make the shipping charges what they really are....so now YOU will have to pay the large Duty Taxes to get it here.

You didn't do anything but hurt the buyer......NICE JOB...............Ebay only cares about THEIR cut of the profits. They don't get any of the S&H, they make their money off of the final auction price.............congratulations, you just made Ebay more money and the buyer will have to help pay it.

• Members

Originally posted by jdjonsson

Gibson owns that logo. It's their trademark. It's not ok to put it on something and then try to sell it. If you use pictures in your auctions then the pictures are as good as "saying" that it is something or not something. They "speak" for themselves.

If you were to sell that guitar you made with the Les Paul logo on it, Gibson would have every right to stop you from using their trademark on your guitar.

It is counterfeit, and it's trademark infringement. You are simply wrong about it being OK to rebadge with an infringing logo and just say "oh, well, it's a fake I made."

But Gibson themselves have to do that....NOT YOU, and not Ebay.

• Members

No, Ebay wants their cut.......that's all it is......I really hate that you guys just cost the buyer more money.

How much sense does that make? He offered them for 800pounds incl. free shipping. Now he'll prolly sell them for 700 + 100 shipping.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

How much sense does that make? He offered them for 800pounds incl. free shipping. Now he'll prolly sell them for 700 + 100 shipping.

This guy was selling the guitars for $29 plus I think it was $185 British pounds shipping. Ebay only gets a % of the $29 that way. Now if the final price is $350 plus $100 shipping, Ebay will get a % of the $350 and the buyer will now have to pay Duty on $350 instead of $29.

• Members

This guy was selling the guitars for $29 plus I think it was $185 British pounds shipping. Ebay only gets a % of the $29 that way. Now if the final price is $350 plus $100 shipping, Ebay will get a % of the $350

Who are you talking about?

Archived