Ebay fraudster

• Moderators

At first I thought that this listing was just silly, but if you look at this guys dealings, he is a plain fraudster.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZtpotts1973QQhtZ-1

what is particularly interesting is his feedback...all the guitar sales have been private....but look at buyer "mcalmcal" another highly rated Ebayer with 648 transacations and a purple star....who gives the seller a blow job recommendation....now look at mcalmcals transactions..........1000s of penny plectrums from one seller almost everyday. This guy is very clever. I have reported him, but if a few more of you could do the same thing?:thu:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Originally posted by sunset_gun

I don't think it's fraud if he says it's a Tokai upfront. It's just a fake.

No...you havent looked.....the Tokai at first sight appears to be just a bit stupid, you need to dig down a bit, a few weeks ago this guy was selling a Squier strat as a fender with Brian Mays signature on it for 1200 GBP. I managed to get that one withdrawn.

• Moderators

Originally posted by ArKay

Reported it, but I don't think eBay will care much since I reported ~100 chinese fakes today
:rolleyes:

No, dude your missing the point, its not the Tokai alone, its the seller, this guy is out to rip people off. Pre order an Eric Clapton replica for a squillion quid? This is no ordinary faker.

I didnt report the Tokai, I've reported the seller.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

No, dude your missing the point, its not the Tokai alone, its the seller, this guy is out to rip people off. Pre order an Eric Clapton replica for a squillion quid? This is no ordinary faker.

I didnt report the Tokai, I've reported the seller.

Yeah, seen it now. Was still looking up the private auctions :) OK.

• Moderators

Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

Those phony chinese auctions are annoying as all hell. Good job reporting them, but at the same time it seems like cutting a head from the hydra: there'll be two more to replace each one tomorrow.

Chinese? where? this is a UK seller with a lot of sales and coloured stars.

• Members

Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

Those phony chinese auctions are annoying as all hell. Good job reporting them, but at the same time it seems like cutting a head from the hydra: there'll be two more to replace each one tomorrow.

Yeah, I know :( I gave up after the 100, there were a lot more. I sent them a mail in hope of getting all of the sellers locked out. I doubt I'll get an answer though, I think the issue should be known by now.

• Members

Sweet:cool: His transactions make interesting reading. He bougt a Dremel as well:p and then {censored}ed the Tokai, now decided to burn Strats......wonder if hes considered getting a job to make money?
:rolleyes:

haha, yeah.. love how you will get free shipping WORLDWIDE on the

• Members

At first I thought that this listing was just silly, but if you look at this guys dealings, he is a plain fraudster.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZtpotts1973QQhtZ-1

what is particularly interesting is his feedback...all the guitar sales have been private....but look at buyer "mcalmcal" another highly rated Ebayer with 648 transacations and a purple star....who gives the seller a blow job recommendation....now look at mcalmcals transactions..........1000s of penny plectrums from one seller almost everyday. This guy is very clever. I have reported him, but if a few more of you could do the same thing?
:thu:

Reported him for WHAT?? There is NO fraud here. He is simply selling copies and he sayd clearly that they are replicas............what's your case for reporting him??

The only thing that he lied about (and you can't prove it) is that he is selling his personal guitars to make room for new ones...which is not against the law in any way.

• Members

Read the posting properly:rolleyes:

There are a lot of other good feedback by other people too though. I don't even see the name you are talking about yet and I am on page 3. Nothing illegal about making penny purchases anyway.......a purchase is a purchase on Ebay. The Private sales are understandable because of lame idiots contacting bidders and confusing them with bull{censored} about guitars that they know nothing about...I can understand that too. I have had a lot private autions myself selling jewelry because of people sticking their noses where they don't belong and screwing up legitimate auctions..it is quite common for people to do this actually.

• Moderators

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

There are a lot of other good feedback by other people too though. I don't even see the name you are talking about yet and I am on page 3. Nothing illegal about making penny purchases anyway.......a purchase is a purchase on Ebay. The Private sales are understandable because of lame idiots contacting bidders and confusing them with bull{censored} about guitars that they know nothing about...I can understand that too. I have had a lot private autions myself selling jewelry because of people sticking their noses where they don't belong and screwing up legitimate auctions..it is quite common for people to do this actually.

Whatever you say:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

Reported him for WHAT?? There is NO fraud here. He is simply selling copies and he sayd clearly that they are replicas............what's your case for reporting him??

Replicas and counterfeits are violations of eBay policy.

Putting Gibson logos on Tokais is counterfeiting. After that, nothing you tell the potential buyers makes any difference. It's a counterfeit.

• Members

Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel

Replicas and counterfeits are violations of eBay policy.

Putting Gibson logos on Tokais is counterfeiting. After that, nothing you tell the potential buyers makes any difference. It's a counterfeit.

its only counterfeit IF he claims its original, which he doesn't.

in other words, he has to intend fraud. by staing out right that its a tokai with a gibson logo, thats not counterfeit bc he makes you aware of it

• Members

Whatever you say:rolleyes:

That's right.

There's nothing to report there, and I am sure Ebay will tell you that. I'm not taking up for the guy as much as I am taking up for private auctions............besides the fact that he clearly states they are copies/replicas.

What do you want him to say...."Buy my piece of {censored} guitars"?? I still am trying to understand what your beef is...........maybe I am not seeing something?? I have looked twice.............I will look again...............:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

No...you havent looked.....the Tokai at first sight appears to be just a bit stupid, you need to dig down a bit, a few weeks ago this guy was selling a Squier strat as a fender with Brian Mays signature on it for 1200 GBP. I managed to get that one withdrawn.

And how exactly did you do that? How do you know Brian May didn't sign it? Are you a signature expert?? I am going to ask him myself if YOU had it withdrawn. I think you are full if {censored} myself...........he is doing nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Archived