Ebay fraudster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

No, dude your missing the point, its not the Tokai alone, its the seller, this guy is out to rip people off. Pre order an Eric Clapton replica for a squillion quid? This is no ordinary faker.

I didnt report the Tokai, I've reported the seller.

Listen fella, he can charge anything he wants to charge......it's up to YOU to decide wether you buy it or not. I can charge $10,000 for a rock if I want to, it's my business, not yours.

Now if he said they were genuine Gibsons, THEN you would have a beef. Mind your business man, this is so stupid. It is a free market.

• Members

Originally posted by sunset_gun

Haha...he bought that LS48 on the 30th, slapped a decal on it and is selling it for 500 ponds more.

The all private buyer feedback is sketchy, but I dunno.

And that is perfectly legal. As long as he doesn't claim that a replica is the genuine article. I buy gemstones all the time from Thai Land on Ebay for 1/10th what I sell them for here because I get great deals from experience on Ebay. I even sell a piece of Tanzanite I paid $100 for and I sell it for $500 on Ebay the very next day. I don't always get a buyer, but I do get buyers who are looking for that stonein that size. So what? it's called FREE MARKET.

• Members

Originally posted by Blakeley311

its only counterfeit IF he claims its original, which he doesn't.

in other words, he has to intend fraud. by staing out right that its a tokai with a gibson logo, thats not counterfeit bc he makes you aware of it

100% CORRECT................learn your laws.......the only one who can do ANYTHING about it is Gibson. And they will just ask him to not put Gibson on the guitars.

• Members

Originally posted by Blakeley311

its only counterfeit IF he claims its original, which he doesn't.

in other words, he has to intend fraud. by staing out right that its a tokai with a gibson logo, thats not counterfeit bc he makes you aware of it

That is not correct. Putting the Gibson logo on it makes it a counterfeit. The only thing that revealing the fact that it's a fake does is seal the case against you.

Go try to pass a counterfeit $100 bill at a bank and see if telling them it's counterfeit keeps you out of jail.

Even if what you saw were correct, he also calls it a "replica" which is another violation of eBay listing policies.

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

And that is perfectly legal. As long as he doesn't claim that a replica is the genuine article. I buy gemstones all the time from Thai Land on Ebay for 1/10th what I sell them for here because I get great deals from experience on Ebay. I even sell a piece of Tanzanite I paid $100 for and I sell it for $500 on Ebay the very next day. I don't always get a buyer, but I do get buyers who are looking for that stonein that size. So what? it's called FREE MARKET.

I know it's legal. I just posted it because I thought it was funny. Anyone could have found that. Are you gonna pay 500 pounds for a lousy decal and some clearcoat? Stupid people.

• Members

Listen fella, he can charge anything he wants to charge......it's up to YOU to decide wether you buy it or not. I can charge $10,000 for a rock if I want to, it's my business, not yours.

Now if he said they were genuine Gibsons, THEN you would have a beef. Mind your business man, this is so stupid. It is a free market.

This is a VERY good point. While blatant ripoffs and sellers claiming to sell genuine Gibson are scuzzy as hell, and the 9358603958609384 chinese auctions for guitars the sellers do not and never have possessed are downright bull{censored}, a guy can sell whatever he wants for any price he likes as long as he's not tricking anybody. It seems like some of the guys on here are starting to get the wrong idea about reporting this stuff. Just because you think something is a crappy deal doesn't make it your place to interfere. What if you went around cutting off salesmen at guitar shops when they were mid-spiel with other customers and telling the people that they were being had? My guess is you'd get punched in the head or thrown out by cops before too long. Believe me, Gibson does NOT need your help when it comes to protecting their logo, or selling guitars and making tons of money. Besides, anyone knowingly buying a phony guitar just because it has a Gibson logo deserves what they get, man.

• Members

Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel

That is not correct. Putting the Gibson logo on it makes it a counterfeit. The only thing that revealing the fact that it's a fake does is seal the case against you.

Go try to pass a counterfeit $100 bill at a bank and see if telling them it's counterfeit keeps you out of jail.

Even if what you saw were correct, he also calls it a "replica" which is another violation of eBay listing policies.

That's not the same thing and Gibson knows exactly what is going on.

• Members

Originally posted by sunset_gun

I know it's legal. I just posted it because I thought it was funny. Anyone could have found that. Are you gonna pay 500 pounds for a lousy decal and some clearcoat? Stupid people.

Me?? NO WAY, I am not that stupid, unless the damned thing was actually worth it. But some people WILL pay it. And it is their choice. I have bought things for a fraction of their cost and sold it for a LOT more the very next day, but it was worth even more than I sold it for.......I do have ethics.

• Members

Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

This is a VERY good point. While blatant ripoffs and sellers claiming to sell genuine Gibson are scuzzy as hell, and the 9358603958609384 chinese auctions for guitars the sellers do not and never have possessed are downright bull{censored}, a guy can sell whatever he wants for any price he likes as long as he's not tricking anybody. It seems like some of the guys on here are starting to get the wrong idea about reporting this stuff. Just because you think something is a crappy deal doesn't make it your place to interfere. What if you went around cutting off salesmen at guitar shops when they were mid-spiel with other customers and telling the people that they were being had? My guess is you'd get punched in the head or thrown out by cops before too long. Believe me, Gibson does NOT need your help when it comes to protecting their logo, or selling guitars and making tons of money. Besides, anyone knowingly buying a phony guitar just because it has a Gibson logo deserves what they get, man.

Thank you Whiskey, my point exactly. And THAT'S why the auctions are PRIVATE.....to keep people from putting their noses where they definitely DON'T belong. Don't mess with a mans money, even if you have the best of intentions......the streets of Hell are paved with the "best of intentions".

Ebay has a policy that states you cannot email bidders and say ANYTHING about a product that they are bidding on that may effect the sellers profits........THAT is illegal in EVERY state in the union.

• Moderators

Look, the guy has manufactured at least three counterfeit customers who hes uses to buy his own stuff, and if you were able to see that then youd realise that that is against Ebay rules. Hes built up a set of IDs in order to defraud people into thinking he's a legitimate and trustworthy seller. As for the Brian May guitar, I dont give a flying {censored} who signed it, the fact remained he was selling a Squier as a Fender. That is fraud.

• Members

Originally posted by Fosse Fox

Look, the guy has manufactured at least three counterfeit customers who hes uses to buy his own stuff, and if you were able to see that then youd realise that that is against Ebay rules. Hes built up a set of IDs in order to defraud people into thinking he's a legitimate and trustworthy seller. As for the Brian May guitar, I dont give a flying {censored} who signed it, the fact remained he was selling a Squier as a Fender. That is fraud.

Can you prove that? And if so........lets see your proof. Until then, he is not doing anything wrong. Also if he DID make a few bogus feedbacks, it still doesn't mean that the guitars are bad.........it means he has bad business ethics and should not do that. I will PERSONALLY go to him and recommend that he stop using them if what you say is true and you can PROVE IT. I have a way of making people "see the light" at Ebay and I have personally put some people selling jewelry out of business that were doing the wrong thing and commiting fraud, so let's see your proof.

Give me the item number where he was trying to sell a Squire as a Strat, I want to see it. Ebay will simply make him relist and change the description if he did.

• Members

OK, I have gone through SEVERAL of the buyers AND sellers that are involved in his feedback, and I am sorry, I just don't see it. You will never be able to prove he faked anything by those feedbacks. I even checked out the ones with very few feedbacks of their own in the private auctions..........nothing there to convince me or anyone else of fraud....nothing.

Face it man, you are just not right about this......I have looked for myself and see nothing to directly connect this guy with fraud in his feedbacks.....no fake accounts.......nothing........, and there are some with a LOT of feedbacks that I KNOW are legitimate....."PianoMan" for one...and a few others. This is a waste of your time and ours.........forget about it......

• Members

Originally posted by Bmajor

The only problem I see here is someone with waay too much time on their hands.

If you are reffering to me, I am bed ridden with a skydive injury. My sister took me to a few guitar stores yesterday because I can't even drive yet and I needed strings. When I found some Chinese guitars, I decided while I was out to look at a few places for more of them. I am stilll in pain from that move.....LOL. I have a LOT of time on my hands....LOL. And until I am healed up, I will continue to do my research and post threads here...I am VERY bored!

• Members

100% CORRECT................learn your laws.......the only one who can do ANYTHING about it is Gibson. And they will just ask him to not put Gibson on the guitars.

you sir are exactly the kind of person that is wrong for Ebay- the seller is obviously preying on those who might not know any better.

• Members

If you are reffering to me, I am bed ridden with a skydive injury. My sister took me to a few guitar stores yesterday because I can't even drive yet and I needed strings. When I found some Chinese guitars, I decided while I was out to look at a few places for more of them. I am stilll in pain from that move.....LOL. I have a LOT of time on my hands....LOL. And until I am healed up, I will continue to do my research and post threads here...I am VERY bored!

This for you must be guitar heaven then.

http://list.taobao.com/browse/29-2901-50002863-290101/290101.htm

• Members

Originally posted by dboy420

you sir are exactly the kind of person that is wrong for Ebay- the seller is obviously preying on those who might not know any better.

BULL{censored}..........BULL{censored}..........BULL{censored}.......Go and read ALL of the posts here before coming in and making such a stupid statement here............all the posts are required at this point........too many very good points made by a lot of people to the contrary of your statement here.

And I am very good for Ebay, I am a very solid member with 99% positive feedback. I haven't sold anything on Ebay for over a year now because I just don't have the time to mess with cheap jewelry right now, and I had to quit selling high priced items on Ebay because of BAD BIDDERS.........these guys are so much worse than the sellers........just go back and read the damned posts before you insult me again you ass.

Archived