Amp forum vs. Guitar forum?

Fireproof

• Members

I just came over because I heard you guys were talking about us saying we were dum and I am so pissed. I almost had an annyerism.

The amp guys want to know why you guys own like 40 Les Paul Customs and play through PODS? Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger and stuff.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The guitar forum is pretty much an easy goin' place. People like their guitars, stay on topic mostly... it's comfy... nice.

Amp forum has a lot of freaky metal heads.

And WAY more trolls.

But it's got it's own energy and cool vibe too.

Here's a tip.

The TROLLS never go on the JAM THREADS.

You heard it here first.

If the post title says "JAM"... the troll filter is "ON".

michael

• Members
Originally posted by dughaze

I just came over because I heard you guys were talking about us saying we were dum and I am so pissed. I almost had an annyerism.

The amp guys want to know why you guys own like 40 Les Paul Customs and play through PODS? Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger and stuff.

Could be worse...they could all be playing the Mesas!

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Tele The Truth

I'm a happy wanderer because:

I dig the amp forum.....although I can't afford most of the amps they purchase.

I dig the guitar forum.......because I love guitars and this forum has a lot of information.

I mostly hang out at guitar jam though.......because I'm a little simple.

;)

I pretty much do the same thing. I drift between here, fx, amps, guitar jam...and every once in a long while I go into one of the others. I don't see any reason to just stay in one place.

• Members
Originally posted by hollowbox

I think it's funny....they have a thread over there talking about us having a thread talking about them. It's called "they are talking about you guys".....I love this {censored}. We all refer to each other as they, it's all territorial and {censored}.......what a bunch of {censored}ing dorks we all are.

That's hilarious! We ARE dorks, LOL.

Just in case anyone was wondering (or likes to assume the worst :confused: ) - I certainly meant no disrespect to the amp forumites or any others.

I just thought it was funny that there's a Zakk guitar giveway thread over there, and one over here. People start talking about Buckethead here, and then there's the same thread over there.

In other internet forums I hang around on, those would be locked - "No Cross POsting!!!111!!!one11one!" But here at HC - it's like each is a separate entity with its own governance.

:)

• Members

I hang out at both the Amp Forum and here.
Both places offer something the other does not.
For example, in the amp forum, I read about amps, women's asses and other assorted, off-topic comedy.

Here I read about guitars, Agiles and other assorted off-topic comedy.

P.S. there are some Sahmoking players over in amps and they know their stuff.

Also as to the Mesa comment...I just got my third Diezel! :thu:
The Einstein:D

• Members
Originally posted by hollowbox

The real funny thing is I think thats true. I hear people over there talking about backup rigs all the time. I've never had my rig fail on me that I needed to keep an entire other rig just sitting around in case. Those cats are crazy with fifteen amps and {censored}.

Heh

SteveVHT has a like 10ft tall rack, then, has a 5ft tall one for backup..

they hundreds of amps and caps :freak:

• Members

When I was in a band a few years ago playing rhythm guitar our lead guitarist had designed and built his own tube amp and never brought a backup amp to a gig. He was always modifying it by changing tubes, resistors or caps trying to get that "magic tone". He would never bring a backup amp claiming no other amp sounded like his did.

Often his amp would go into oscillation during a performance so he would act like he was doing some Hendrix impersonation then go back and shut off his amp and plug into the second channel of my Fender amp to complete the set, then during the break he would pull out his soldering iron and box of electronic parts and set about fixing his amp before the next set.

I have not been in contact with this guitarist for years but I would bet you he still has no other amp than that one he built. Now this guy really needed a backup amp but he would never listen to me.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarlady

When I was in a band a few years ago playing rhythm guitar our lead guitarist had designed and built his own tube amp and never brought a backup amp to a gig. He was always modifying it by changing tubes, resistors or caps trying to get that "magic tone". He would never bring a backup amp claiming no other amp sounded like his did.

Often his amp would go into oscillation during a performance so he would act like he was doing some Hendrix impersonation then go back and shut off his amp and plug into the second channel of my Fender amp to complete the set, then during the break he would pull out his soldering iron and box of electronic parts and set about fixing his amp before the next set.

I have not been in contact with this guitarist for years but I would bet you he still has no other amp than that one he built. Now this guy really needed a backup amp but he would never listen to me.

It is a lofty goal to build the amp of your dreams. :cool:

It is another thing entirely to be realistic about the results. :D

:wave:

• Members

I have a Marshall 1959SLP head and 1960 cabs sitting in my garage that I haven't used for about 8 years and was thinking about retubing and revitalizing it and start using it again. I worked fine last time I plugged it in but I don't know what it would be like now. I went over to the amp forum to see if there were some ideas as to what to do but with all those post about ex-girlfriends I kind of felt out of place, like I had walked into a men's restroom by mistake or some such thing, so I never posted anything there.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarlady

I have a Marshall 1959SLP head and 1960 cabs sitting in my garage that I haven't used for about 8 years and was thinking about retubing and revitalizing it and start using it again. I worked fine last time I plugged it in but I don't know what it would be like now. I went over to the amp forum to see if there were some ideas as to what to do but with all those post about ex-girlfriends I kind of felt out of place, like I had walked into a men's restroom by mistake or some such thing, so I never posted anything there.

That's just the Internet for ya, HC in particular (maybe). Don't be shy. You can do it. :thu: With a name like yours, you are bound to get a response too.

Archived