Amp forum vs. Guitar forum?

Fireproof

• Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

They ran totman out on a rail..that says something right there
:p

I like both forums but I tend not to post much over there. Besides, those JCM900 threads were so freaking retarded they should in the museum of the interwebby.

Yeah but theres so many parallels, for every stupid JCM900's are {censored}ty amps thread, there are about 5 "OMLOFLBBQ GIBSON IS TEH SUCK!" threads here. I didnt read the bato thread, what happened? I just read the first thing where they were giving him {censored} about his amp sale. I think he was charging about $100 too high given the circumstances for his amp (IMO, which means nothing in the grand scheme of things), but I stayed out of it after.

Youre gonna find stupid opinions on any forum, its the law lol.

Either way, everyone has been cool with me, so I got no problems with anyone:)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, I don't like to hang out in unmoderated forums. I've quickly run into some real negative stuff when I've done that.

That said, if I ask a question over there, it's not likely to be answered unless I'm well known. Here, it is. Simple as that. And I spend far more time working on my guitars than amps.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist
Yeah but theres so many parallels, for every stupid JCM900's are {censored}ty amps thread, there are about 5 "OMLOFLBBQ GIBSON IS TEH SUCK!" threads here. I didnt read the bato thread, what happened? I just read the first thing where they were giving him {censored} about his amp sale. I think he was charging about $100 too high given the circumstances for his amp (IMO which means nothing in the grand scheme of things), but I stayed out of it after.

Youre gonna find stupid opinions on any forum, its the law lol.

only the GJ conveyor/plane thread give that last JCM900 spat a run for its money. The one on page 1 prb won't come close but it will be good.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1219091&highlight=jcm900

The Pigsinzen, Peters, Carl love triangle is stronger than chuck norris at this point.

• Members
Originally posted by yjsays

haha, no, there are Super Geeks in japan, they come in many different forms.

super anime geeks - they buy figures that probably cost as much as your agile if not more.

gundam fans - they build model kits that cost as much as your agiles.

military geek - they know all the models of weapons

etc.

That's super geeky, all right! Get a life, eh? Get a guitar. :)

• Members

I like both forums but I tend not to post much over there.

the first time I posted over there, they told me that - something like "feel free to hang out, but don't bring Totman with you" - I don't know what he did over there, but I thought that was hilarious

I don't post there much, though - but there is some good readin' over there, and some funny mother{censored}ers postin'

• Members
Originally posted by metalhaze

I don't get that whole "forum vs forum" mentality. I just go to the forums and post in the threads I find interesting.
:freak:

{censored} you. Get your ass back to the amp forum and don't {censored}ing come back over here again!!!

...{censored}ing infiltrator trying to make us soft!!!:mad:

• Members

I like both forums but I tend not to post much over there. Besides, those JCM900 threads were (are) so freaking retarded they should in the museum of the interwebby.

If I was a liberal or a drug user I'd be MORE than welcome there! Those type of threads are always right at the top!

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

the first time I posted over there, they told me that - something like "feel free to hang out, but don't bring Totman with you" - I don't know what he did over there, but I thought that was hilarious

I don't post there much, though - but there is some good readin' over there, and some funny mother{censored}ers postin'

Because I "buy stuff and resale it", "dumpster dive" and don't "cut my bro's a break" on stuff. Oh and I asked if a Hot Plate was a good idea to use with a Mark IV and have a stalker who follows me in about every single thread (DIGITAL JAMS) that I ever post in. I think he's got some sort of brokeback mountain fantasy but ain't happening!

Who knows, who cares.

Yeah they don't like EG guys. Talk all kinds of {censored} and make fun of those guys who mod their 51's. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Fireproof

Is it just me or does it seem like there's the "amp forum guys" and then there's the "electric guitar forum guys" - like two separate cliques hanging out in separate clubs.

Occasionally a member of one might wander over to the other side to pose a question, but just seems like an outsider.

I get that vibe. Do you? What is it all about? Harmony Central is one big forum right? And last time I checked, amp guys need guitars to play, and electric guitar guys need amps for sound...

A perfect example - there's a "backing tracks" sticky in the amp forum. Why didn't the original poster post that in the guitar forum? After all, you create the backing tracks and play on top of them with the guitar... ???

Maybe I just need sleep...

:bor:

its not you, i have thought that too.

i actually posted a question there and was surprised that i got responses as fast as i did, i posted the same one here just in case

lol

• Members
Originally posted by batotman

...and have a stalker who follows me in about every single thread (DIGITAL JAMS) that I ever post in. I think he's got some sort of brokeback mountain fantasy but ain't happening!

Who knows, who cares.

You will now, because I'm going to tell him you're posting about him here. ;):D

• Members

I hang out on both sides, but they're definately different. If I had to choose one it would definately be the amp forum simply because you get plenty of good/reliable information but theres still plenty of entertainment along with it. I could care less if there is off topic stuff because theres always plenty of on topic stuff as well.

• Members

This discussion is hilarious...I never go to the amp forum and I {censored}ing love the living {censored} out of my amps...in fact, I'm an amp FREAK!!!

I just stared in the EG forum to find some info on a particular guitar...if I had been looking for amp info, I'd probably spend time over there...

{censored} "over there", though...:D

• Members
Originally posted by bjcarl

This discussion is hilarious...I never go to the amp forum and I {censored}ing love the living {censored} out of my amps...in fact, I'm an amp FREAK!!!

I just stared in the EG forum to find some info on a particular guitar...if I had been looking for amp info, I'd probably spend time over there...

{censored} "over there", though...
:D

It's like asking, "Vin Diesel or Henry Rollins?"

Archived