how much money do you have invested in gear?

voneville

• Members
Originally posted by walfordr

None of your bloody business, that's how much.

What are you, a burglar or something? If so you're a bloody lazy one. Find out for yourself how much the stuff I don't have listed in my sig is not worth.

While you're at it would you like us to post our adresses too? Would it be easier for you if we published times we're going to be out over the next few weeks? Should I also get a spare key cut and leave it under the doormat?

Thinking about it, it would probably be easier for you to publish your address and we'll all just send you all our gear. That way you wouldn't even have to get off your lazy arse and nick it.

I'll post my addy...

all the good stuff is at my studio. ;)
You want the addy for that too?
Its in a bad part of town so...
Its surrounded by a 10ft tall fense topped with barbed wire.
You need a key card to get through that fence.
you need another one to get in the building
then you need 2 more keys to get into each individual studio
plus there is a closed circuit camera system that watches everything. Inside and out.
Im not gonna mention the ex-con security gaurd...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by guitarlady

I am not laughing at your equipment. Back in the 80's all I had was the ES-330 that my aunt gave me as a present and my uncles old '50's Motorola hi-fi that I converted into a guitar amp. So now everyone can laugh at me for having such a crummy amp.

thats funny my first amp in the 1970's was an old hi-fi amp that i converted to a guitar amp( i say converted what i mean is i took it out of stero it was in and added a 1/4" jack to replace the old rca jack and then hooked it up to a speaker)
oh yeah whats it all worth today ummmm maybe $10,000+ including two guitars a roland recording studio a {censored} load of mic's
pedals, effects, a pa,cords,straps, goobly gook, and a yamaha acoustic hmmmm seems like there should be more?:freak: oh yeah my amps got four of those, a 1978 marshall 100watt half stack, a 2/12 marshall vavlestate combo, a lab sereis L-3 60 watt, and a kick ass 10 watt 3 volume no name practice amp:D

• Members
Originally posted by voneville

I calculated $837 and that's 4 guitars, a bass, a 2-12 combo, a 5 watt tube head, and a distortion pedal.

That's not very much for that amount of gear. You figure this -

5 watt tube head (epi junior?) - $100
Dist. Pedal - $50
(halfway decent) 2x12 combo - $350
that leaves $337 for four guitars and a bass, that averages about $65 per guitar/bass or so...

not knocking your gear, but i would definitely sell off your four guitars and get a decent one (but if you enjoy all of them that's totally cool). I'm going to be selling off all my less-than-$300 guitars and investing in some more expensive axes - that way i have 2 or 3 very good guitars, and not 7 or 8 mediocre ones.

that being said,

Fender MIM Strat - $250 + new pups/strap locks/string changes = $350
Fender 70s Strat - $425 + strap/locks/string changes = $450
Fender 50s Tele - $825 + strap/locks/string changes = $850
Fender Toronado - $395 + strap/locks/string changes = $420
Agile Les Paul Double Cut - $275 + strap locks/string changes = $300
Morris Flying V Copy - $125
Art&Lutherie Wild Cherry - $300

Roland Micro Cube - $120
Carvin X-100B head - $300
Crate 4x12 Cab w/Celestions - $150

Various effects pedals i don't care to list - $325

GRAND TOTAL = $4,000 :wave:

i only thought i had $2k or so. Just goes to show you :confused:

• Members

I'd estimate $5,000 to $7,000 - 2 electric guitars, 2 basses, 3 acoustics, 5 amps (3 of them tube), 2 multi FX boards, pedals, 16 tr digital multitracker, 8 rack spaces worth of stuff, computer upgrades for recording, cables, etc.

• Members

A little over $4700 in guitars, basses and other instruments, by my reckoning. But that includes some that go back about 25 years.

A little over $1600 in amps, excluding PA gear. I think I've probably spent around $600 on PA stuff.

So grand total about $5900 USD. Again, though, some of this gear I've had for the better part of 20 years. And they were all good deals, of course-- there's 15 electric guitars, a couple basses, 5 acoustic instruments, 3 all-tube big guitar rigs, a vintage Kustom big guitar rig, 3 bass rigs, a guitar practice amp, a spare 2x12 cab with Celestions, a pair of PA mains, a pair of PA monitors, a PA head, and a couple PA boards in that total.

And I left out pedals, mics, stands, cords, and my Farfisa.

;)

BK

• Members

MIM Strat - $350
case - $60
strap - $60
straplocks - $15

Epi LP - $450
case - $60
strap - $40
straplocks - $15

Wasburn acoustic - $500
case - $50
strap - $40

Ibanez SZ - $500
strap - $40
straplocks - $15

Charvel 375 - $225 w/case
strap - $40
straplocks - $15

Peavy Delta Blues - $600

Johnson J-Station - $100

PODxt Live - $400

cables - 5 x $20 each

$3660, not including all the books, dvds, strings, picks, tuner, etc... In other words, way too much..

• Members

Been playing for 16 years, over that time up until now I probably spent about $14,000 on gear.

Currently...... down to a $600 Epi, a $300 DG-Stomp, and a Crybaby wah I got for free which I modded the {censored} out of, and I think I sound fine for what I do.

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

None of your bloody business, that's how much.

What are you, a burglar or something? If so you're a bloody lazy one. Find out for yourself how much the stuff I don't have listed in my sig is not worth.

While you're at it would you like us to post our adresses too? Would it be easier for you if we published times we're going to be out over the next few weeks? Should I also get a spare key cut and leave it under the doormat?

Thinking about it, it would probably be easier for you to publish your address and we'll all just send you all our gear. That way you wouldn't even have to get off your lazy arse and nick it.

haha, i don't know if that was meant to be funny or not, but it was. if i wanted to steal gear there's much easier ways then flying to england and trying to ship it all over here, and then figure out how to plug in the damned things.

• Members

Mesa + 1x12" cab = $1575
Peavey Classic 20 on eBay = $220
Ibanez RG3120 = $1099
G&L Legacy = $1200
Taylor Big Baby = $400
Squier Strat = $150
Boss DS1, EHX Small Stone, Guyatone Delay = $170

total: $4814

plus my basic recording gear and we're over $5,000

:freak:

I'm a college student, 19 years old. Much of this gear was only purchased in part by me, the rest being compensated by my parents as birthday and christmas presents. Guitars are really all I want. But damn. If I sold all my gear it would be worth more than the rest of my assets!

• Members

Let's see...

Guitars/basses:

PRS CE24
Peavey Wolfgang Standard
Peavey Wolfgang Special Flametop
Warmoth Strat
Warmoth Strat
Agile AS820
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Catalina Acoustic
Dillion J35CET Acoustic/Electric
Taylor Big Baby Acoustic
Fender MIA P-Bass

Amps:
THD Univalve
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Classic 50 212
Ashdown MAG300
Peavey 412 cab
Homemade 212 Cab

Pedals:
Digitech Digidelay
DOD 7 Band EQ
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive

Mics:

2xShure SM58
1xShure SM57
2xAudio Technica 2020
1xAKG C4000B
5xAudix ADX90
1xAKG D6

Recording gear:

Presonus Firepod recording interface
Event TR8 Monitors
Lexicon Omega recording interface
Behringer 4 channel headphone amp
Couple of pairs of good headphones

Plus a bunch (probably at least $5-600) of cables and stands and what-not.

So roughly.....

$15,500 is my estimate. That's stuff that I've accumulated since around '93 though, so it's not like I bought all of it at once.

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

haha, i don't know if that was meant to be funny or not, but it was. if i wanted to steal gear there's much easier ways then flying to england and trying to ship it all over here, and then figure out how to plug in the damned things.

It was meant to amuse. Thank you. The second paragraph holds some clues as to the ironic nature of the post.

Flying to England would be a mistake. I am in Holland and have nothing much worth stealing.

• Members

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's not very much for that amount of gear. You figure this -

5 watt tube head (epi junior?) - $100

Dist. Pedal - $50

(halfway decent) 2x12 combo - $350

that leaves $337 for four guitars and a bass, that averages about $65 per guitar/bass or so...

not knocking your gear, but i would definitely sell off your four guitars and get a decent one (but if you enjoy all of them that's totally cool). I'm going to be selling off all my less-than-$300 guitars and investing in some more expensive axes - that way i have 2 or 3 very good guitars, and not 7 or 8 mediocre ones.

Actually I paid $250 for my peavey classic, and you were spot on for the tube head.

I do a lot of wheeling and dealing, but yea, all of my guitars are in the $200 dollar ballpark retail with the exception of my bass (sx) and acoustic.

I used to own really expensive high end gear and then I joined the navy and sold it all off to pay off my car before I left for bootcamp (in 98). After bootcamp I bought an Affinity Tele for $100 bucks and played the hell out of it for 6 years. I bought a Gibson a year or so ago, but I liked playing my Tele more so I sold it. I totally satisfied with Squiers. I make descent money and could afford more expensive guitars if I wanted them. I do need a better amp though, my peavey is 26 years old and needs some work. My drummer plays guitar so I use his amp at practice. When we start gigging I'll probably pick up a twin or a deville.

• Members
Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

It's all free.
:)

They pay me to evaluate gear and then I usually end up smashing it at the end to see how good it smashes.
:idea:

I did save a SG and a Marshall amp once .....
:o

where can I fax my resume?

Archived