how much money do you have invested in gear?

voneville

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

It was meant to amuse. Thank you. The second paragraph holds some clues as to the ironic nature of the post.

Flying to England would be a mistake. I am in Holland and have nothing much worth stealing.

Well I'll steal your wooden clogs then! And your hash. haha. I did find the humor in it, but you can never be too sure with some people around here!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm well over $10,000........

9 guitars & 4 amps probably add up to ~$7,000 I spent and much of it I bought used (sold some other gear to get etc.), but the real kicker is PA gear! speakers, amps, mixers, racks/cases, fx and processing units, subs, monitors, mics, cabling, stands....man it all adds up (and I don't even have lights!).

make that closer to $20,000.

And my address is......

• Members

If by "investment" I have to consider street retail value, my investments in gear have been pretty close to a wash.:(

The only things that have really appreciated have been my Coronado's (doubled). The good thing about buying mostly used is that if I keep the stuff in as good of condition as when I bought it (or clean it up, set it up, etc.) it should at least hold value.
(I tell myself...)

• Members

I probably have about $7000.00 invested in gear right now, and most of my stuff is on the cheaper end of the price range. I do have one expensive amp (Rivera) and one expensive acoustic (Paragon) that account for about half of that...

The acoustic was the most expensive purchase of the whole bunch, but to get the same guitar today (2 1/2 years later)
would be just barely shy of twice what I paid for it, so I'm glad I spent that money when I did...

• Members

Hmm, lets see.

Squier Stagemaster + Marshall MG50 (older type, without the effects) + Zoom 505II (all used, mint cond.) >> $788

Digitech Metal Master >> $0 (Xmas gift)

Spider II 212 >> $700

Sold the Marshall (w/ broken dist. channel) >> -$211

Parker Nitefly (Used, mint cond.) >> $705

Agile Ghost II >> $0 (graduation gift)

Toneport UX2 >> $265

Grand total >> $2247

The prices may seem a bit on the higher end, but keep in mind that I live in Iceland where everything is pricy, and those prices are pretty good considering the pricing. Especially the Parker. If I

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

Plus when I worked at guitarcenter I accumulated a good deal of stuff from people I met selling stuff they had no idea about.

That's the ticket!!! Stick it to the very people putting food on your table........

• Members

From memory (approximately)...

Ibanez AS120 w/ case $505
Peavey Reactor w/ gig bag $190
Peavey Prowler 1x12 combo $350
J-Station modeler $65
Arion Stage Tuner $40
Boss BD-2 OD $42
DOD FX80B compressor $23
DOD FX25B Envelope Filter $35
Cry Baby wah $33
Rocktek 6-band EQ $13
Rolls Twin Spin Chorus $35
Aria FL-10 Flanger $15
Ibanez DE7 Delay $50

Excluding shipping (mostly from eBay) that comes to just under $1,400. Add another $200 for misc. straps, cables, picks, small tuner, etc. and we're right around $1,600.

• Members

Lets see:

Berringer starter pack bought for my son: $150 (bought a tuner at the same time)

Jasmine acoustic with hard shell case: $125

MIM Telecaster and Peavey 158 Rage amp: $460

Crate starter pack bought used (had a tuner, slide, 3 Dvds and other stuff): $100

Total: $835

And I should count lessons every other week at $15 a half hour, but those are going on indefinitely, so I won't.

Damn that seems like a lot of $$$ for only playing 8 months! Oh well, it keeps me off the drugs!

L8R

Raths

• Members

Well, not counting books, strings, picks, and lessons (which i don't count as gear), i'm probably at about 4 or 5 grand.

Right now, i own 2 electrics (MIM fender and SG supreme), 3 amps ({censored}ty crate practice amp, f-50, stiletto) a mid-range cab (AVT), a gt-6(paid 400 or so at the time), and assorted stands, straps, cases, bags, etc, etc, etc.

I've been playing for about 2 years, and I bought myself half of the stiletto, the SG, the fender, and the crate. My rents bought the other half of the stiletto and pretty much everything else.

The really horror story is my sister, who owns 2 guitar amps, a bass amp, 2 basses, 2 guitars, and assorted paraphenilia, and plays half an hour a week at her lessons, which she is quitting.

AND I CANT TOUCH HER STUFF :mad:!!!

• Members

i spent close to $2k on a whole new rig from march to april. i just got back into playing again so i had to get everything, including several books and cds. i had planned to only spend what i got in my tax returns but easily went over budget.

..way over :freak:

Archived