Why can't Agile make exactly what I want them to?

mparsons

• Members

Um, because they're just an importer that purchases manufactured lots of guitars made overseas to their specification. :idea: Lots meaning specifically X number of guitars to one spec, Y to another, not "just a bunch."

Get 99 of your friends to want the same thing, then maybe they'll talk.

• Members

Flying V's suck. Stupid body design that's all about looks and not about making music.

You can't set it on your knee an play easily.

All the wood is missing where it's most important to make tone (the bridge).

Heavy as hell because of all that mahogany in the wrong places.

If you really want a guitar for looks instead of it's ability to make music,

are you sure you can do without the all-important "Gibson" on the headstock?

• Members

make it mahogany and I'll buy one too!!

I agree with:

Agathis and Basswood - they SUCK, for that matter unless it's a country strat or tele - Alder sucks too.

For metal/Crunch - Mahogany, and it's not expensive

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

Flying V's suck. Stupid body design that's all about looks and not about making music.

You can't set it on your knee an play easily.

I play standing. I don't have a Vee yet, but I love my Korina Explorer.

• Members

I don't know. I wish they offered agile prestige al3000 or al3500 les paul with 1 11/16 nut width, weighs about 8lbs, and stainless steel frets. A good duojet clone by agile would be cool with the same specs and a full bigsby (not horshoe bs model). Perhaps with gfs liverpool filtertrons... :cool:

• Members

Of course I don't seriously expect Agile to make exactly what I want.

I was just lamenting that there's no V on the market that's got the features I want, and that this one is so close.

As for flying Vs being stupid designs- so what? They look badass. I already have a guitar that I like the sound of for recording purposes, if I did get a V it'd be for live use in a different tuning or as a backup guitar.

As for agathis and basswood sucking- High quality basswood sounds decent. However low quality doesn't have any character or real qualities. Agathis just sounds totally dead to me. I've NEVER heard an agathis made guitar that had any resemblance of tone.

• Members

I wish someone would do a blind test with identical guitars, one made of mahogany and another made of agathis, and play some metal music on them, and see how many people can tell the difference.

• Members

My agathis Hornet is one ass kicker of a metal guitar. Not muddy at all with either the stock pups or the GFS crusaders I put in it.

It's light, bright, tight and out of site!

I have actually played several agathis bodied guitars that would not only make fine metal guitar but fine guitars for any style period. As a matter of fact I've not come across one that I would turn away due to the body wood. Since agathis is mostly found on lower priced guitars alot of times the guitar lack decent fit and finish work or have bad fret work.

I'd say agathis does a pretty damned good job at sounding like mahogany only a little brighter.

• Members

I would actually prefer ash to mahogany as I like a brighter sound.

When playing metal it doesn't make that much of a difference, but I like to play other stuff.

Wait :freak: I just want this as a live backup for my metal band...

NO! I just talked myself into it!

Damn you people!

• Members

You know, if you're really that particular I would suggest the Jackson Custom Shop. I feel pretty sure they could produce a guitar to your exact specifications, but it'll cost ya.

Until then, be thrilled Rondo is producing such gems at a great price and is actually willing to listen to our input.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived